MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank page when installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I try and run the installer all I get is a blank page. I've CHMOD the required files to 666 and I've alreadly tried uploading the files again and it still doesn't work. No errors have been given, it just shows a blank page.
My server has PHP version 5.2.6 and Mysql 5.051. And my host is x10hosting.com.
Any ideas on what's gone wrong?
Okay, I've just tried everything from that topic but it didn't make a difference. There weren't any sql errors. Still just the blank page.
don't most files ask for 777?
I tried CHMOD the files to 777 but it still doesn't work.
I was searching through the Mybb wiki and found this:
Mybb Wiki Wrote:x10hosting - There is a known issue with MyBB 1.2 not working with x10hosting due to them having both eval and exec turned off on their hosting accounts by default. To use MyBB 1.2 on x10hosting you must contact them and request that eval and exec be enabled on your account. It also seems that they now have phpinfo turned off by default which causes the CAPTCHA to function incorrectly, if this happens to you, please request that phpinfo be enabled on your account.
My host is x10hosting so I was wondering if this is still a problem in Mybb 1.4.
Yes, you should request that those functions be enabled on your account.
found it guys at install/index.php

add in

<td class=\"last alt_col\"><select name=\"config[{$dbfile}][encoding]\" id=\"config_{$dbfile}_encoding\">{$select_options}</select></td>

<td class=\"last alt_col\"><select name=\"config[{$dbfile}]['encoding']\" id=\"config_{$dbfile}_encoding\">{$select_options}</select></td>

cheers
Cool
add that in where?

I get the same blank page when installing (not upgrading) myBB 1.4
(2008-09-09, 03:05 AM)Maraguein Wrote: [ -> ]found it guys at install/index.php

add in

<td class=\"last alt_col\"><select name=\"config[{$dbfile}][encoding]\" id=\"config_{$dbfile}_encoding\">{$select_options}</select></td>

<td class=\"last alt_col\"><select name=\"config[{$dbfile}]['encoding']\" id=\"config_{$dbfile}_encoding\">{$select_options}</select></td>

cheers
Cool

Please don't follow this users "supposed solution." It doesn't do or fix anything and it may even screw up things further.
OK, so is there a fix? Aside from updating MSQL - you have to do have access to the server to do that right? I can't just login to cPanel and update that myself?
Pages: 1 2