MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PR2 Custom titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The admin doesn't even have this option, even though it's enabled in groups. And for other users it always says the custom title is too long.
Actually now that I turned it off then back on... it's showing up. But it still says "The usertitle you have entered is too long."
Sad On an install and upgrade the Custom Usertitles box showed up instantly without any changing needed, and I can make the custom usertitle any length without any errors in both the front end and admin end. So I hjave no idea what is wrong. Can you provide some details please?

* What is the custom title you trying to change to?
* What is your exact usergroup? Admin no doubt?
* Have you cleaned cache, cookie etc and logged back in and tried again? If not, try it and let use know if it worked.
* Can you post any screenshots so we can see whats going wrong?
* Are you using the latest copy of PR2, with the recent patch release? If not, update and see if it works then.
* What is the custom title you trying to change to? Anything. I've tried 1 letter, 2 letters, 3, etc.

* What is your exact usergroup? Admin no doubt? Admin. But all users have the same problem.

* Have you cleaned cache, cookie etc and logged back in and tried again? If not, try it and let use know if it worked. I have.

* Can you post any screenshots so we can see whats going wrong? There's nothing really to take a shot of. It wont let me enter anything in the custom title field. It says it's too long, even if I type 1 character.

* Are you using the latest copy of PR2, with the recent patch release? If not, update and see if it works then. Yes, 686.
And I presume it is the field in User CP > Edit Profile > Custom User Title too?
That would be correct, sir!

P.S. I can edit it via AdminCP, but not via UserCP.
Ok, the code is fine Confused But try this. Open usercp.php, and find:
if($mybb->usergroup['cancustomtitle'] == "yes")
	{
		if(strlen($mybb->input['usertitle']) <= $mybb->settings['customtitlemaxlength'])
		{
			$usertitle = $mybb->input['usertitle'];
		}
		elseif($mybb->input['usertitle'] == $mybb->user['usertitle'])
		{
		}
		else
		{
			error($lang->error_customtitle_length);
		}
	}
and replace with
if($mybb->usergroup['cancustomtitle'] == "yes")
	{
		if(strlen($mybb->input['usertitle']) > $mybb->settings['customtitlemaxlength'])
		{
			error($lang->error_customtitle_length);
		}
		else
		{
		}
	}
It just gets rid of some un-needed code, if that works, I'll commit it Big Grin
I'll give it a shot and let you know!

Thank you sir!
Crap! No change. Sad
Here's the link: http://www.intoxikating.org/bb/

Maybe I can setup a test account so you can see for yourself?

[edit] Is there a setting that controls the length in AdminCP?
Pages: 1 2 3 4