MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal box set up and features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
for vers 1.4

How can i set up the boxes for the portal page and is there a feature somewhere to help set this up?
I found the portal settings in the acp on config/settings/portal settings theres like 9, and it shows up on the side and in the middle its empty and on the other side is empty, how can i set up boxes in the middle, and side boxes?
i seen others do this, is there a place to do this in the acp?
Portal settings?? Rolleyes
The middle place in the portal are for announcements. You have to set the Announcements FID in the setting group you mentioned.
kool, so i can fill up the other side with side boxes for the portal page and make a portal page unless there is a theme for this?? i think our friend Jag had done this is there a 1.4 portal page or theme and or plug in or mod for this?
much appreciated for the answers....
as for the Fid. can that be set to a post id? or only an anouncement ID#? and does the #symbol needed too?
No it is a comma-separated list of forum IDs. Post/thread IDs will NOT work. So say you want your announcements to come from forums 1, 3, and 8, then you would enter in:

Well, I cant seem to figure out how to do this. I added a global announcement, but it wont show up on the center part of the portal.
If I use different fid, then I get the posts from those forums in the center.
What am I doing wrong, lol.
I would like to fill up center content on the page and just cant quite figure it out.
On the portal, what we call "announcements" are threads in the "announcement forum". Yeah the language is a bit confusing Toungue
ok, soo... rethinking (should do that before I post) I should make an announcement forum.
In that forum, I can post threads and disable posting to it, that way, that forum will be the one to show up on my portal.
Gosh.. im so slow.
Dennis, is it better to use the Portal redirect plug in, or the manual code as posted in other threads?
I want to upload your plugin but dont know where to put it.
I have been in my Cpanel, and i click on /public_html/inc/ but there is nothing to open in the inc....
so I dont know how to upload a file there. There is no 'plugins' in the inc.... and the /public_html/inc folder is only 4kb.
Maybe im not looking in the right place.. i dont have a clue.
Yeah, moon i get the same thing,
Here's what i found:
1. it activates through the plug in link settings in the acp/plugins
it then shows up and disappears? it hasnt came back since i can activate it and deactivate it and it wont work?
maybe its because i dont have any announcements made?
is this the reason?

what are the steps to setting a portal page up and making announcements or getting the page to even show?
Just set what you want in the portal with the portal settings. Make sure in the Portal Settings you have chosen a forum to pull announcements from.
Pages: 1 2