MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading attachments does nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey there,
I'm having a weird problem and getting no error messages to point me in the right direction! Every time I try to attach a file (regardless of the file extension) it appears to do something, the page refreshes and I'm back to the post but no files attached. I've gone into the uploads folder and nothing there either.

Out of interest I tried to upload an avatar to see if that worked and this time got an error. The file is a (.jpg) and meets the criteria set out (i.e 100x100 < 10KB)

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:

* The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.

The folder permissions are set to 777.

I did a bit of searching around here and found this post and changed the relevant bit of code in functions_upload.php but the same problem persists.

Any help would be much appreciated!

http://www.grampianrcc.co.uk/new/forum

Keiran
Is this 1.4.2 or what version?
(2008-09-19, 12:47 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Is this 1.4.2 or what version?

Yea this is 1.4.2.

I've also now tried a fresh install, but same problem Undecided.
Hi,

I have the same problem! Avatars work without any problem, but I can't upload any attachment in MyBB 1.4.2. Folder-Permissions (./uploads) are set to 777. When I click the Button zo add an attachment, the files load up, the sites refreshed, but the attachment is lost (not in db, and also not in uploads-folder)!
hmm..that's odd. Are you 100% you uploaded latest package?

There was a bug here on the mybb site for a couple weeks but it's fixed now. Hmm...

I just tested keiran's site and yeah...attachments don't work and no error message at all.

Can I get FTP and admincp access keiran? PM me I will take a peek. Just admin my user (labrocca).
Ah, I found the solution (for me):

There was no cache of attachment-types. After editing an attachment-type, the cache created and then I was able to upload attachments!
Ahh...that would certainly do it. Odd. Didn't even think of that. Have to keep that in mind for troubleshooting.
(2008-09-20, 07:10 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I found the solution (for me):

There was no cache of attachment-types. After editing an attachment-type, the cache created and then I was able to upload attachments!
What does that mean? How do I fix this?

I have the same problem - no attachments appear under 1.4.2
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Attachment Types
Try editing one of them and just press "Save"
I tried editing several. I tried adding one. I tried deleting one. I still can't add attachments.
Pages: 1 2 3 4