MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: gibberish at top of forum page + Captcha issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm very concerned as to why that is showing like that, that certainly shouldn't happen.
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, try disabling Gzip compression in you're ACP and see if you get the same issues.

Some hosts don't fare well with Gzip compression for some reasons or restrictions that may be in place, I've seen this issue before and it was related to having Gzip compression enabled.
Ahh Rolleyes Forgot that.

But can that explain why PHP and HTML show as code??
(2008-09-20, 04:31 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh Rolleyes Forgot that.

The reason why you're seeing code is that you're using a WYSIWYG Editor to add the HTML. If you take a look at the source code, there is other valid HTML on the page, and all of your code is escaped Rolleyes

There is no problem with the server or ads. It's a problem specific to your MyBB installation.
(2008-09-20, 04:31 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh Rolleyes Forgot that.

I've read through his post and it does seem like the common Gzip issue that occurs on some hosts. However it could also be related to an incompatible/bad plugin that is causing issues.

Since the Gzip issue is a bit more common I asked him to try disabling that first to see if the problem still occurs. If he still is experiencing that problem we can began to troubleshoot other potential problems.
(2008-09-20, 04:05 PM)Btsworldwide Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.blacktopsinners.com/forums/test.php
same thing .. code just shows.. WTF is the deal? this is very strange..
Is anyone else having these issues?

Ive just installed another brand webboard software (SMF) and it works fine..
Just having problems with mybb.. I like mybb since its the most used one out there, however the time I've spent so far trying to get it to work is getting to be too much
What is the next step? LOL

I think the easiest way to get this resolved is to download all the MyBB files (skip the uploads or admin/backups directory), zip it up, and post it here. There is something in the MyBB files that's causing this, but it is not in the default MyBB installation.
And please do not PM me for support.
Yep shdnt happen.. what can you do re the concern? any solutions?
(2008-09-20, 04:26 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, try disabling Gzip compression in you're ACP and see if you get the same issues.

Some hosts don't fare well with Gzip compression for some reasons or restrictions that may be in place, I've seen this issue before and it was related to having Gzip compression enabled.

Sorry not familiar with the ACP acronym.. what is the ACP? where do I disable the Gzip compression?
OK found it.. Guessed it was Admin Control Panel
My Gzip has been off the whole time
see screen cap
Then maybe it's an issue with the Host. What version of GD (if any) is installed?
(2008-09-20, 06:37 PM)PoeTheGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Then maybe it's an issue with the Host. What version of GD (if any) is installed?

What is GD?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5