MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning while upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Warning while upgrading from MyBB 1.2.14 to MyBB 1.4.2

Quote:Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in F:\wamp\www\mybb\install\resources\upgrade12.php on line 1904

Your themes have successfully been converted to the new theme system.

Click next to continue with the upgrade process.

and of course duplicate settings in ACP
Forget about the dupe settings, it's been done to death and you can easily sort it out.

Re-upload upgrade12.php
ermm re-upload upgrade12.php from where?

I downloaded mybb_1402.zip few times and every time is the same zip with the same files inside...
Yeah, just re-upload that file again.
re-uploading the same file won't help

I think I'll try updating from MyBB 1.2.14 to MyBB 1.4 first. If I remember correctly first upgrade procedure worked relatively good. They messed up upgrade files in MyBB 1.4.1.
How do you know it won't?? Huh
How do you know it will?

I tried it of course!
(2008-09-19, 07:04 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Forget about the dupe settings, it's been done to death and you can easily sort it out.
For some people, yes, but you assume that the fix to 'your' problem is the same fix for everybody else's problem. It isn't.
Ok, I found a solution for myself.

Following upgrade process works great: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Versions
MyBB 1.2.14 -> MyBB 1.4 -> MyBB 1.4.2

everything works without a glich, no warning messages, no duplicate setting, no messed up forums

everything is just like it is supposed to be
After the problems i faced with upgrade to 1.4.1 i dont have the confidence to upgrade to 1.4.2.
I almost gave up on the whole mybb over the 1.4.1 problems. Cost me cold $ to get it fixed.
Think i will wait for more problem posts. And get a real understanding of how bad it is.

Well after reading this it sounds like im bashing mybb. Im not. Its still my preferred choice. Just im a little wiser to jumping on upgrades when the forum is active.
Pages: 1 2