MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GIMP VS Photoshop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Guys,

I wanted to prove that GIMP could be as powerful as Photoshop. I started following a tutorial for Photoshop in Photoshop. Ending up bouncing from place to place clicking to follow along with the tutorial. Than I started creating it in GIMP. Since the tutorial is in Photoshop, not all the features are available in GIMP. However, I did manage to utilize GIMP's features to create an almost corbon copy as the photoshop one.

You can view the original photoshop tutorial & final product here:
http://www.talk-mania.com/16166-post1.html

Here's the one I created in GIMP:
[CLICK TO ENLARGE]
[attachment=11172]

Let me know what you guys think. I will continue to add more and more of these examples here until I find one Photoshop tutorial that cannot be done in GIMP. You guys can also post up some Photoshop tutorials and I'll try my best to create a carbon copy of it in GIMP (after I create it in Photoshop).
Best Regards.
Well for me the big difference between gimp and photoshop is that i can use photoshop Toungue

I have tried in gimp and could do some alright things with the preset filters and i occasionally use it for simple graphics when i am out and about as i have it installed on my memory stick.

I have seen some great work from it though so i am sure it is very powerful so maybe i will take the time to learn one day. It would be good to break my dependency on photoshop Toungue
I do have Photoshop, but it just seems like Photoshop "beats around the bush" if you know what I mean. GIMP is straight forward with its features. GIMP has most of the Photoshop features but it has them under different menus and names. I'm not saying Photoshop isn't good, I'm just trying to prove that "GIMP can do whatever Photoshop can do, but better". j/k Toungue
Almost everything I do image-wise I do in GIMP.
I just can't get used to the set up. I mean everything seems so disorganized compared to Photoshop and that everything has an individual window(like on the taskbar). Plus instead of all the menus being right up at the top they are on the individual image.
as far as I remember there is an modification to Gimp with the same layout as photoshop - "gimpshop" I think

Wich are the free options to photoshop or Gimp by the way?
Gimp is the free option Toungue.

And Gimpshop just doesn't do it for me either.
I mean Gimp is the Free option to photoshop that everybody knows already Smile
but there isnĀ“t a third second option I suppose..
Here's a tiny mail icon I created before using GIMP.

[attachment=11173]
Isn't Paint Net something similar?
Pages: 1 2 3