MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to install mybb themes and plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Few hours ago,I just installed mybb. But I'm having trouble installing plugins and themes. Don't know what to do. Please help

[Image: mybb1sp0.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

How to remove that?
If you read the readme files in the zip packages it tells you what to do.
Basically you just upload the files to wherever it says. If there is just a single file in the pack, and no readme, just put the file into ./inc/plugins (apart from labrocca's site sig plugin).

And to remove that, under 'Server and Optimization Options', set 'Advanced Stats / Debug information' to no.
(2008-09-25, 07:21 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]If you read the readme files in the zip packages it tells you what to do.
Basically you just upload the files to wherever it says. If there is just a single file in the pack, and no readme, just put the file into ./inc/plugins (apart from labrocca's site sig plugin).

And to remove that, under 'Server and Optimization Options', set 'Advanced Stats / Debug information' to no.
Ok how to install the theme now?
Chances are the theme will come with instructions.

Either way, you simply go to "Templates & Style" in your ACP, and click on the "Import a Theme" tab. It's pretty simple from there, just upload the theme...
(2008-09-25, 08:18 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Chances are the theme will come with instructions.

Either way, you simply go to "Templates & Style" in your ACP, and click on the "Import a Theme" tab. It's pretty simple from there, just upload the theme...
I put my theme images in to images folder where cache etc are located in public_html. then tried to upload xml file but still failed. What to do?
(2008-09-25, 08:18 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Chances are the theme will come with instructions.

I'm still having trouble with theme. What to do with the theme images and the file .xml? Please help.
Rolleyes Create a folder in /images/ with the name the readme says to do. Then upload all the images there. Then upload the .xml in the ACP.
theres no readme in the theme.zip file.....please explain
15 month old thread...

What can we 'explain'?? We didn't put the theme together, isn't our job to put a readme in. With a theme though all you need to do is upload the images in the theme package to a new folder in ./images/ and import the XML file in the ACP.
(2009-12-20, 11:14 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]15 month old thread...

What can we 'explain'?? We didn't put the theme together, isn't our job to put a readme in. With a theme though all you need to do is upload the images in the theme package to a new folder in ./images/ and import the XML file in the ACP.

WOW. I just loaded a fresh copy of MyBB. Having trouble getting themes installed too. I am a SMF user, and was thinking of switching, my forums to MyBB, but if support is going to be ugly like this, I definitely have 2nd thoughts.
Huh

We're supposed to explain why a theme author didn't include a readme in their theme package...?? :| I'm not sure how that was an 'ugly' post, they asked a question we couldn't possibly answer. If you can explain what you're having trouble with, we can help you.
Pages: 1 2