MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] How to do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
the way it looks all depends on what theme you are using. You have to give the <td> tags their own class. A link to your forum would make it easier for me to see what exactly needs to be changed.
Here ya go.

http://mmosite.22web.net

Im only using it for testing purposes
HuhIt looks right to me.
All right, I've been playing around and here's where I'm at now. I'm pretty happy with it, but two issues.

[Image: Picture-7.png]

1. How can I get rid of these borders?
2. How can I push this section to the bottom of the post?

Here is my postbit_classic:

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<td class="datetime">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</td><td class="subjectline"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></td><td class="posturl">{$post['posturl']}</td>
<tr>
        <td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;">
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
		<center><fieldset class="postbit1"><legend><strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong><br /></legend>
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
</fieldset></center>

<center><div class="postbit2_header">{$post['onlinestatus']} Blader Data</a></div></center>

<center><div class="postbit2">{$post['user_details']}<br />
</div></center>
        </span>
    </td>
    <td class="{$altbg}" valign="top" colspan="2">
        <table width="100%">
            <tr>
            <br />
            <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
                {$post['message']}
            </div>
            {$post['attachments']}
            {$post['signature']}
&nbsp;<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
                <div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
                {$post['iplogged']}
            </div>
        </td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="left" >{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}</td>
<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
</tr>
    </table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Thanks in advance for your help.
Another issue, actually.

[Image: Picture-8.png]

There is too much space here, how can I lessen it?
this has already been resolved. I would tell you but its a secret...

just change the tables cellspacing to 0
(2008-10-03, 03:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Another issue, actually.

[Image: Picture-8.png]

There is too much space here, how can I lessen it?

make the padding smaller. That means the trow your using. Trow 1 or Trow2.

this is how the code should be:

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<tr>
        <td class="tcat" style="white-space: nowrap;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
<td  class="tcat"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat">
<span class="smalltext" ><strong>{$post['posturl']}</strong></span></td>
    </tr>
<tr>
        <td class="trow2" width="5%"  valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: left;">
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>     <strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
        <span class="smalltext">
            {$post['usertitle']}<br />
            {$post['userstars']}
            {$post['groupimage']}
            {$post['useravatar']}<br />
            {$post['user_details']}
        </span>
    </td>
    <td class="trow1" valign="top" colspan="2">
        <table width="100%" style="padding: 0 0 0 0;">
            <tr>
            <br />
            <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 0px 0 50px 0;">
                {$post['message']}
            </div>
            {$post['attachments']}
            {$post['signature']}
&nbsp;<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
                <div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
                {$post['iplogged']}
            </div>
        </td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="left" >{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}</td>
<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
</tr>
    </table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

and it will look like this:
http://mmosite.22web.net/showthread.php?...pid=2#pid2
Incadude, I'm using a heavily customized postbit so I can't just copy and paste the code verbatim. I'll keep working on it though, if you have any tips for me I'd appreciate them.

Is there any way to keep the borders in the rest of the post and still get rid of them in the header?
Also, changing the trow cellpadding did not affect the space between the message and the upper bar.
(2008-10-03, 05:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Incadude, I'm using a heavily customized postbit so I can't just copy and paste the code verbatim. I'll keep working on it though, if you have any tips for me I'd appreciate them.

Is there any way to keep the borders in the rest of the post and still get rid of them in the header?

I know you cant just copy and paste see what i changed and then implement it to your template.

No you have to make the whole table without table spacing. Just change the color of the <td> that you use to wrap around the postbit_author_user. Thats what i did with Jaze's theme.
Jaze seems to be having this issue as well ...

[Image: Picture-1.png]

Any idea how to fix this?
im trying to figure out something right now. Im the one doing all that stuff. lol

Ill get back to you with a better solution in a sec.
Cool, thanks.

EDIT: Okay, I got rid of the space. Just take the <br /> out of this:

<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top" colspan="2">
        <table width="100%">
            <tr>
            <br />
            <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">

Now, to push the menu items to the bottom ...
Pages: 1 2 3