MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Matching Password Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On my forums at www.oztopic.com, when a user signs up in FireFox, everything works fine.

However, when they go to register using IE, when they type in their password, it says "Your passwords must match", even though the password getting typed in is the same.

What could be the cause of this? And is there a way to turn this alert off?
This is really urgent. I cant seem to figure it out. I am certain its something to do with the ajax script though. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
IIRC it's a known IE bug. Short of using another browser I can't remember how to get round it. Just edit a template and say you recommend using FF or some other browser.
Here's a temporary fix:
Admin CP > Board Settings > User Registration and Profile Options > Registration Method > Change to: Send Random Password

I've seen it on quite a few MyBB sites, suggesting users to use another browser other than the most widely used browser is a mistake unless you don't care about getting new members.
Ahhh yeah, that's a better way of doing it, then they never even type a password (obviously they can change it when they log in with the random one though).

What IE do you use anyways??
I use IE7 on all of my desktops and laptops. I use PIE on my PDA.
Lol, thanks for the replies. That wont do though.

I am thinking I am just going to remove the code that displays the message all together, and see if that makes a difference.
It's a problem with your theme. I had the same issue myself. The problem is that the Password textbox from your login form conflicts with the password boxes in the registration form. You'll need to change the name of one of them, then write a code modification to recognise the new form field.
(2008-10-04, 05:21 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]It's a problem with your theme. I had the same issue myself. The problem is that the Password textbox from your login form conflicts with the password boxes in the registration form. You'll need to change the name of one of them, then write a code modification to recognise the new form field.

Ah thanks. Now to write new code for it. Damn I hate computers sometimes.
(2008-10-04, 05:21 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]It's a problem with your theme. I had the same issue myself. The problem is that the Password textbox from your login form conflicts with the password boxes in the registration form. You'll need to change the name of one of them, then write a code modification to recognise the new form field.
How to do that?
I seem to be having the same problem. I'm using the "Slate Red" theme.

A few of my members are having difficulty getting back into the forums after registering. Unfortunately, I'm also having a problem with PHP mail not sending. So they don't receive the 'new password request' email that they are apparently requesting because of the log-in problem. (The PHP mail issue is being discussed elsewhere.)

Please be explicit as to any modifications or re-coding that may be required for this theme. Keeping in mind that I'm not a programmer, but I can follow some basic instructions.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2