MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP mail not sending - Please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
My host has activated "PHP send mail" on both of my accounts yet, according to the log, the emails aren't being sent.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this problem?

The sites are:
(EDIT: Site links removed)

If you log-in to either forum, please include "MyBB" in your user name.

Thanks.
This is happening to me too...

http://forums.thefreelancemind.com
Is this possibly a bug due to the latest "security update - 1.4.2" or has this problem been reported as a bug already?

If it will be fixed in the next update, if it actually is a MyBB issue, then no problem and I'll let my members know.

If not, well...then I need help ASAP to resolve this issue.

TIA
Please try this test first [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead).
It says I can get PHP mail, but my members are still complaining about validation emails not coming...can you try registering on my forum?
If you register, do you get the email? Do any other emails work like Mass PM, subscriptions, etc?
My test also worked correctly. Mail was received. Yet, the log still shows the following regarding mailings through the forum:

testing123
cschedgick--new.rr.com
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function. 10-06-2008, 11:23 AM

Password Reset at Neenah Class of '79 Forums
muskeeguy--aol.com
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function. 10-06-2008, 02:51 AM

testing123
cschedgick--new.rr.com
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function. 10-03-2008, 04:46 PM

New Reply to Possible Volunteers
cschedgick--new.rr.com
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function. 10-02-2008, 03:49 PM

NOTE: I replaced all "@"'s with "(--)"'s above to prevent "naughty bots" from snagging the addresses.

As you can see, there is definitely a problem with PHP mailings not being sent via the forums. No mail is ever sent or received.

I do get subscription emails from this (MyBB) forum, though.

(I have re-sent the mail to the member that requested a new password - using my IP account to do so. This is probably because of the IE log-in issue, which of course is a different problem that also needs resolving. Not here, though. One other member had the same problem, but her log-in problem seems to have fixed itself. - Strange indeed.)

The forum, however, does say 'The email has been sent successfully.'

I get the same basic results on both of my sites.
Don't use php mail...?

Why not setup an email account with SMTP and do it that way? That's how I got around my problems...
I did try to set-up SMTP, but that didn't work either. Because, as far as I know, my web host doesn't allow/support SMTP mail on their servers. To easy to be used for spamming, I guess.
(2008-10-06, 04:10 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use php mail...?

Why not setup an email account with SMTP and do it that way? That's how I got around my problems...

IDK how to set up a SMTP using a gmail apps account.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6