MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB website CMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Where can I get the software that powers your main site? I was thinking of using it on a project I'm working on and replacing Drupal, which kinda sucks, with the CMS that you guys use.

(I know Chris made it, and will give full credit where due.)
He has stated openly that it's not for release.
Thanks for your reply, I guess I'll replace Drupal with a CMS that a bridge for MyBB exists for.
(2008-10-03, 11:43 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply, I guess I'll replace Drupal with a CMS that a bridge for MyBB exists for.

Your limited to Joomla and MkPortal then. Plus I'm not sure how well either supports 1.4. So good luck. Drupal is godly Wink. But maybe look at Silver Stripe that's another system I really like. Or for more simple sites look at Website Baker or CMS Made Simple Wink.
I been toying with the idea of a more robust CMS add-on for Mybb but haven't yet committed to the project as I know it will be very extensive. So not sure I want to be in charge of that when I have so many other projects for mybb (MYPS and IPN). I think I prefer to do my RPG system instead.

I would like to see someone with the ability do a great CMS though. Something along the lines of SubDreamer would be great.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-28710.html

Hopefully this will come to fruition soon.
(2008-10-04, 04:54 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-03, 11:43 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply, I guess I'll replace Drupal with a CMS that a bridge for MyBB exists for.

Your limited to Joomla and MkPortal then. Plus I'm not sure how well either supports 1.4. So good luck. Drupal is godly Wink. But maybe look at Silver Stripe that's another system I really like. Or for more simple sites look at Website Baker or CMS Made Simple Wink.

I hate MKP, it screws with your themes if you wrap the forum in it, so I'll go with Joomla!, thanks.
Just curious -- what's the name of the CMS that powers the site?
(2008-10-05, 12:38 AM)splatzone Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious -- what's the name of the CMS that powers the site?

There's no "official" name for it, since it's Chris's creation and it's not publicly released. However, the framework I believe he's called it "AvidCore", but again Google won't find you any source for that either Toungue
Then why name it Toungue. I would love to see Chris's framework though.
Pages: 1 2 3