MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GAAAAHH! F**K You WinXP!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I am soooooo no longer used to usng XP!
Yes, its been that long!

I have noticed that download speeds for XP take a long arse time! With Ubuntu Linux all I have to do is wait a few seconds and BAM! I have the program I want!

Sure I cant get:
VeohTV
Fiesta
Grandchase.net
Safari

TO work on a linux, but then again there are alternatives to those programs!
(Midori/Chrome/Konquerer for Safari)

Ya know, if I knew other programming languages, I would make my stuff for linux first, then windows!

I can't believe people actually buy Windows!
There must be some other issues if downloads take longer using Windows - probably viruses/trojans/etc. Yes, another problem with Windows.

I run Windows XP as my only operating system for my own computer and have never noticed any slow downloads as compared to my Linux computers.
Well it's not just downloads. When I reformatted my computer to Windows, it didn't even recognize any of the drivers on it, so I had to download them via USB drive at a friends house, just to fix that problem.

I have AVG installed on XP, and it's not detecting anything.
(2008-10-06, 08:19 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]I have AVG installed on XP, and it's not detecting anything.
AVG is fine for viruses, but for spyware and adware there are other programs. I have about 3 programs for cleaning annoying little programs when I find my computer running slow.

Of course, a Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragment comes first. And the uninstallation of programs I never use any more via Add/Remove Programs.
I have to agree with you though, after getting used to linux windows can be very frustrating. I initally installed linux because i killed my Windows (lets just say it involved boot.ini and ntldr files (whatever they are)) and had to wait 2 weeks for Acer to send me out a new Windows disk. That was 3 months ago and still haven't reinstalled windows!
I'm going to vote on pilot error. XP is pretty stable and performance-wise holds up pretty well against Ubuntu. Wink
I think that XP is better than vista and also will be like that with Windows 7.
I love XP and have always been able to get rid of any spyware and stuff with a little research when my usual programs didn't work.

There are forums made just for security and fixing computer problems like this you may want to look at them Wink.

Also make sure all the programs you have running in the background are turned off and check your processes for any that you don't know and are using a lot of the processor or memory.
Ubunutu for the win...

unless your a PC gamer.

I love how there's a free open source software alternative for everything. Great if your a starving student with no rich parents to buy you everything.
(2008-10-06, 09:35 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to vote on pilot error. XP is pretty stable and performance-wise holds up pretty well against Ubuntu. Wink

I find XP's performance degrades after having it installed for around a year. Vista doesn't seem to have as many issues, and so long as you got 2GB of RAM, works a lot better than XP.

When was the last time you reinstalled Clair? If over a year, then I recommend reinstallng windows.

I got Vista and XP on my laptop, and use Vista 90% of the time, and use XP only for games that use a lot of RAM, like Half Life 2. If I had 2GB, I would use Vista exclusively.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5