MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Financial threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well all over the globe the economies are crashing and devalueing from credit crisies etc. how are you going? Are you feeling the pinch, or isn't it affecting you that much?

Everything isnt that good here, the AUD plummeted this week. It used to be worth like $0.96US now it is worth $0.50US which is crazy- basically everything we own just devalued by about half (in terms of US dollar). Sleepy So buying things on the internet is now unaffordable- before, when vb cost $160 and the exchange rate was healthy, vB cost about $180 or so. Now, as vb is $180US, it is about $360- money I don't have.

God this sucks.

My mum just bought some stuff on ebay for $50US, and she forgot to check the exchange rate, she just paid $100 bucks for the stuff! CRAZY!

Plus stock prices are dropping, it seems our money is being eroded away...
The one country not affected by any of this is Iraq. They have no banking system, everyone has all of their money in cash.
I've heard that most Americans are in a pickle, but so far so good for me. My wife is back in school, I'm getting my A.S. in a year but am getting a promotion next week, wife just got a new car a few weeks ago and I get a new car in less than 10 months. Big Grin Oh, and I work for a financial company which is doing excellent even with all of the others being bought out. I'm glad I don't watch/read the media or I'd be worried. LoL.
Relax, were just feeling the panic of idiots.

The market will return eventually. If I were you I would say in a month(maybe shoot for 3 actually) or so buy as much stock in everything that you can. Because the market will have to go back up eventually.
I don't play the stock market, I don't even know what my stock is worth that my company gives me for free, I know my 401k isn't looking to good, but still coming out ahead with the matched contribution. Big Grin (You'd think somebody who works at a financial firm would have a clue about financials LoL.)
(2008-10-09, 01:29 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Relax, were just feeling the panic of idiots.

The market will return eventually. If I were you I would say in a month(maybe shoot for 3 actually) or so buy as much stock in everything that you can. Because the market will have to go back up eventually.

Greenspan halted the tech bubble recession prematurely, so we're feeling part of that right now.

Personally, I want it to drop right now. There's been too many of these "drop, then rise, etc. etc." --- the stock market needs to "flush" out the bad stuff and stay at the same level for a while to assess where everything is.
It will continue to drop Soshite that's why I said a few months.
It's dropping, slowly but surely.
at least i don't live in iceland
i live in the Philippines.. We've almost always been in a financial crisis that we just don't really care anymore..
Pages: 1 2