MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforums Bug!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a very irritating bug i've found on my forum. That being that when I or any other member of my forum makes a new post in a subforum of one of the forums on my board, the forum doesn't show any indication of there being a new post in the sub forum and doesn't say there is any.
Example:
[Image: proof26du.th.gif]

See? And if you don't believe me, here is another screen I took of the posts in the subforums.
Example:
[Image: proof32zq.th.gif]

Please help me with this problem. How are users supposed to know there are new posts?
great support >_>
Flaw Wrote:great support >_>
Please note that the support is free and that it is offered by people that do that in their free time...Besides your post is just 6 hours old, that's not much...

I'm not sure if it is a bug. The last post column shows the last post in the specific forum. Actually, there is no post in the forum "Sony" for example because only the subforums contain posts.
would be interesting if a small image appeared next to the sub-forums name in the parent forum. Cool
If you have PHPMyAdmin installed can you take a screenshot showing the 'parentlist' column for the subform?

Also, if you've moved subforums around a bit whilst editing other information and such try going to the subforum in the Admin CP forum manager and just updating it (without changing anything else).

Chris
Thanks, I will try the PHPMyAdmin now. Question, would it be a table called "mybb_parentlist"?
It's in the table mybb_forums. There's the colum "pid" which contains the ID of the parent forum.
[Image: parentlist1zw.th.jpg]

there.
Bump.
Sorry about this - I haven't been around for the past two days properly.

I've sent you a PM containing my email address - could you, using PHPMyAdmin, create an SQL dump of the mybb_forums table and attach it to an email to me?

Regards,
Chris
Pages: 1 2