MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tips on asking for Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks again. Smile
Yet another :$ However, this is relating to replying to a support thread

11. Helping Out
If you know the answer, dont just say "You gotta...." but actually help out. Give them a step by step guide on what they can do to fix it. Not everyone knows what you know. So let them know. This will also prevent the thread from growing too big.
Thanks again!
And for the right place bit (#9 I think), I meant like ask myBB mods help in the myBB mod forums, and vice versa. You could add this on to whats already there if you want. Both apply Smile
I don't think further explanation is nessicary really. Smile
12. Picking People
Never ask someone in particular to help you. Not only may it get the person your asking annoyed, but it also means that some people that know the answer may not post because you have asked only one person to.

13. Double Threads
If there is something worse than double posting, its double threads. Dont post the same question under a different Topic name. This takes up room and make people annoyed.

k776
I'll add them when I can, I've got something to work on at the moment. Smile
14. Limitations/Compatability Issues
If you get an error, check your version of mySQL and php are the needed version for myBB. You may have a version that is not compatble with myBB. If this is the case, there is nothing we can do. Ring/email your host and ask them to upgrade.
15. Text Style
Posts should be typed so that others can understand them. Use of ALL CAPITALS, aLtErNaTe capitalization, or abbreviations is discouraged. Also, do not use white, cream or grey text, as it blends in too much with the background and make it hard to read.
Try not to come up with too many, or else people will probably be put off. A lot of people tend not to read threads like these if there are too many points to read.

I think the thread covers more or less everything now. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3