MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade 1.2.6 to1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi all,
I like to upgrade from 1.2.6 to MyBB 1.4.1 but i'm affraid to mess up the whole programm.
Is there anyone who have done this?
Thanks.Huh
Many people have done it. If you follow the instructions closely you'll be fine. Make a backup of your database and files first though.

And you should go to 1.4.2.
Make a backup of the database first!
(2008-10-14, 05:13 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Many people have done it. If you follow the instructions closely you'll be fine. Make a backup of your database and files first though.

Thanks Matt, there are several ways to make a backup what do you think it's the best way to do?

Quote:Export File Type: GZIP Compressed/
Plain Text.

Save Backup: Backup Directory/
Download.

Backup Contents: Structure and Data/
Structure/
Data Only.

Analyse and Optimise Selected Tables: Yes No

Perform a sequential backup?: Yes No
Plain text, download, structure and data, and yes to analyse and optimise.

You may also want to do the same but choose GZIP Compressed as well as plain text incase the plain text is too big.
(2008-10-14, 07:04 PM)p911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-14, 05:13 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Many people have done it. If you follow the instructions closely you'll be fine. Make a backup of your database and files first though.

Thanks Matt, there are several ways to make a backup what do you think it's the best way to do?

Plain Text.

Download.

Structure/
Data Only.

Thanks again Matt.
Do I need to download the whole MyBB 1.4.2 or just some files?
You'll need to download 1.4.2 and replace ALL your 1.2.6 files with the 1.4.2 ones. I suggest you use this download:
[attachment=11347]

It's the one I got ages ago, I have a feeling there might be something wrong with the one on the main page, a few people were reporting the same error with it yesterday.

Make sure you're sure that you have a database backup and also download all your current files incase the upgrade goes wrong.
(2008-10-14, 08:35 PM)p911 Wrote: [ -> ]

Plain Text.

Download.

Structure/
Data Only.

Thanks again Matt.

Hello Matt,
I have downloaded MyBB 1.4.2 and I'm going to replace and upload the maps and files complete and I'll see what happens?
Yep. Make sure you overwrite them all, even settings.php
Wink
(2008-10-14, 08:50 PM)p911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-14, 08:35 PM)p911 Wrote: [ -> ]

Plain Text.

Download.

Structure/
Data Only.

Thanks again Matt.

Hello Matt,
I have downloaded MyBB 1.4.2 and I'm going to replace and upload the maps and files complete and I'll see what happens?
Thanks Matt so far and I'll let you know how this adventure works out!
Pages: 1 2 3 4