MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enter database info, then blank page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After I enter my database user/pw and name, I click next and just get a blank page. Does this mean the name or pw is wrong? Or is there a setting that I messed up?

I am installing 1.4.2 new from scratch.
It'll say if they're wrong. If you PM me the URL and the database details I can try it for you, if you like Smile
That would be awesome! I have installed mybb before, but on another host/site. Never had this problem. Will PM you now...
I tried using different user names, to see what would happen and I did get error messages then, but inputting the ones that I assume are correct just takes me to a blank page.
Does it take you immediately to the blank page, and then finish loading? Or does it load for a long long long time, then finish loading? Does it finish loading at all?
You type the database details, click next and just get a white screen straight away, no loading bar or anything, it's as if it was just going to the next page as usual, it doesn't stall or anything. I suggested reuploading /install/ again, that's always the first thing I'd try.
OK I will try that and see how it goes. Thanks for trying!
Still get the same blank page! This is so frustrating,since I like MyBB and use it on another site and now I cant get it going on this 2nd site. Grrr. Huh
(2008-10-15, 07:02 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Does it take you immediately to the blank page, and then finish loading? Or does it load for a long long long time, then finish loading? Does it finish loading at all?

It doesn't finish loading at all. I can try to leave it be and see if it eventually loads, but it doesnt seem to be doing anything.
(2008-10-15, 07:02 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Does it take you immediately to the blank page, and then finish loading? Or does it load for a long long long time, then finish loading? Does it finish loading at all?

OK it's be 7 minutes now iwth nothing but the blank page....
I'm getting this also...what is the fix?
Try a different browser or reupload the ./install/ folder.
(2008-10-22, 04:18 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Try a different browser or reupload the ./install/ folder.

Three different computers with two different browsers each, two tries on the upload.
Pages: 1 2 3 4