MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] No profile stars in profile [C-Michael83]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So report the bug. Nail it down. If you can find the cause too.
(2008-10-16, 04:03 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I thought it was a bug as they stay in the postbit, but just vanish in the profile. Thing I'm confused about though, is on my site, I have a custom usertitle and the stars show in the profile.

Different Version?
(2008-10-16, 04:50 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-16, 04:03 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I thought it was a bug as they stay in the postbit, but just vanish in the profile. Thing I'm confused about though, is on my site, I have a custom usertitle and the stars show in the profile.

Different Version?

Noope I'm on 1.4.2 as well. I'll have a look at the source codes and see what I can see.
Can you try this member.php?
Sorry, should have been clearer, it's fine on my forum, it's here that it doesn't work, which is why I posted in the MyBBoard.net forum, and why I wasn't 100% sure if it was a bug.

MyBB Forums (Custom usertitle, no stars):

[attachment=11382]

MyBB Forums (Default usertitle, stars):

[attachment=11383]

But it works fine on my forum, which is why I wasn't initially convinced it was a general bug.
I'm sure you can reproduce it on your forum. Here's the procedure:

You must view the profile of a user who satisfies the following conditions:
1) The user must have a custom profile field set, non-empty.
2) The user must be in a usergroup which does not have the "# Stars" option set, or is set to zero.

Please try it out and let me know the results. Thanks.
When both those conditions are met, the stars go. When it's the default usertitle, the stars come back, same as here.
Does the fixed file work? (as in fix the problem so that default stars are displayed?)
Does indeed Smile
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group
Pages: 1 2 3