MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The community activity here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
While replying to a thread at DP which was related to the activity here I did notice that it does appear we have less users online per day than previously. I remember in the past that 500+ users would come online per day but now I see it's less than 300. Does mybb have stats that it would be willing to share concerning site traffic here? Just a request to satisfy my curiousity.

I have to assume downloads of 1.4x are up though since well...it's a very kick lime software. I am noticing more and more that at webmaster forums that mybb is placed in the same category as phpbb and smf which is good news for the growth of mybb. I been trying to mention mybb as often as I can in as many places as I can to raise awareness of the software.
MyBB deserves a much bigger number of users.
Now that it's open source, can MyBB get included with the Fantastico installer? If that happens, then MyBB would take off very quickly.
I'm not sure that MyBB need to mess with users of fantastico...
Mostly, who use fantastico is an unexperienced user that doesn't update his software never.
that is my opinion anyway.
(2008-10-22, 09:43 PM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB deserves a much bigger numbers of users.
Now that it's open source, can MyBB get included with the Fantastico installer? If that happens, then MyBB would take off very quickly.
Actually, MyBB 1.2.1 was in the Fantastico installer at an old host I used.
(My5GB - Down)
And yes, this is some of the best free software you'll probably ever find!
MyBB stopped me from buying an IP.Board.
But Labrocca, think of it with more of a Timezone thing.

That and school is back in, so some users might not be on.
People are having less problems with MyBB? Big Grin
(2008-10-26, 08:29 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]People are having less problems with MyBB? Big Grin

Exactly. A support forum is for... Support. If someone isn't requiring help with the software then it's a good thing.
Fantastico = Hell

MyBB will need a support team the size of a small country's army if it's included with Fantastico.
(2008-10-26, 03:34 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, MyBB 1.2.1 was in the Fantastico installer at an old host I used.
Finally! someone else who has had MYBB in fantasico. I installed MYBB for the first time through fantasitco like a year and a half ago but no one would believe me that it was in fantastico!

I think fantasico is a good thing, i mean the more users the better right?
Fantastico will not be building MyBB in to Fantastico v2. (their official response to me, last week)

Fantastico v3 will have an open API (apparently) that allows anyone to develop installable applications - which we'll be doing.
I would say school is the largest effect. Plus maybe just more busy lives in general.

But MyBB is still being actively developed and still has a strong base with it. So we'll be fine; since I'm guess half those people didn't post much anyway Sad.

Also why won't Fantastico just add MyBB to their list, I mean they have scripts I never heard of and never really see used. But, they can't take the time to add MyBB? Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3