MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change around the default skin...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
No offense, but the default MyBB skin looks absolutely horrific.

But then again, with just simple changes it could be made much better. I mean, on this forum, you added a few changes, and it looks really good.

A skin is the first thing a potential user sees, and I have looked on other forums, and some of the comments are always 'The default skin sucks'.
Looks fine to me Smile It doesn't need to have implants to be good does it? Can't you just love it for what it is?

Toungue
We've made a good start, users can make changes as they please with the templates system. If we made a really great skin then everybody may be inclined to use it and then people would say that we only have one skin..

People get sick of seeing the same default skin on forums, that's why the skin sucks.
What kind of theme can you come up with? We can always use new themes.
(2008-10-26, 07:44 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]We've made a good start, users can make changes as they please with the templates system. If we made a really great skin then everybody may be inclined to use it and then people would say that we only have one skin..

People get sick of seeing the same default skin on forums, that's why the skin sucks.

this is actually a pretty good justification

if the default theme was really good everyone would use it and consequentially get sick of seeing it everywhere

that being said the smilies are pretty bad
(2008-10-28, 07:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]that being said the smilies are pretty bad

I suppose we could always switch back to the old ones Rolleyes
(2008-10-28, 01:31 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose we could always switch back to the old ones Rolleyes
Or make Chris cry because everyone complains about the current smilies and tell him to make new ones.. Angel
How do you expect us to change something if you don't tell us what needs to be changed...? What makes the theme look horrific? What changes could be made? What can make it better?
(2008-10-29, 01:11 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]How do you expect us to change something if you don't tell us what needs to be changed...? What makes the theme look horrific? What changes could be made? What can make it better?

change it to afresh Cool

as for the smilies, sorry if my comment upsets anyone but they are truly awful

surely there must be some open-source smiley set out there or something
Almost everyone that I know of hate smilies on BB's because they suck. For example: phpbb, SMF, IPB, etc... I dunno how you can really make them better, but I am sure there is a way to do so.

Regarding the default theme, I think it is alright, but it could be more "flashy" in a way like what might be SMF's 2.0 theme when it comes out and the "Prosilver" theme for phpbb which looks neat.

Also, not many people can make skins on their own and can't find a good custom skin so they would stick with the default one. As much as I hate to say it, if the default skin looks like crap, it will turn off people even if everything else is good. Functionality and looks make stuff work great. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6