MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report this post to a moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You could begin work on upgrading to 1.4... that way it won't take too long when you finally take the plunge...

Simply backup the entire database, and run a fresh 1.4 install on the backup in a test directory. That way, your "live" version won't be touched, while you experiment with upgrading.

Smile
(2008-11-03, 10:44 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]You could begin work on upgrading to 1.4... that way it won't take too long when you finally take the plunge...

Simply backup the entire database, and run a fresh 1.4 install on the backup in a test directory. That way, your "live" version won't be touched, while you experiment with upgrading.

Smile

Indeed... then you'll see how brilliant 1.4 is and wonder why you ever stayed with 1.2 Toungue

Create a new folder called 'test' (in your 'html' folder, alongside 'community') upload a copy of 1.4.3, upload your 1.2.9 backup to a new database, run the upgrade script, and see what your board would look like with 1.4, but in a non-live environment.
Here is what we use,

AnonymURL
Anonym Links in all Topics 1.0 Maximum92

Advanced Stats on Index/Portal
Allows you to show more stats like 'Most Viewed Threads' and 'Top Posters' on the index and portal pages. 2.5 Smethead

Board Message
Allows administrators to add a global message to the forums header from the settings administration. 1.0.1 Musicalmidget

Delete Member Posts
This will delete all posts by a member. Please be cautious with this tool. 1.0 Jesse Labrocca
Forum stats in profile
1.1 CraKteR

Auto Assign Groups 2
Auto assigns groups to members with a certain post count 2.1 Goughy000

SkunkMedals System
Add a fully functional Medals System to MyBB. 1.1 King Butter - NCAABBS SkunkWorks Team

Multiple reputations
1.0.1 CraKteR

No. Topics Started
Displays the number of topics started by a user. 1.0 ZiNgA BuRgA

Show the users that has been online today
Shows the users that has been online within 24 hours. 1.2.2 CraKteR

Private Messages Admin
Gives admins the ability to look through their forums private messages. 2.3.3 Tikitiki

Prune Members
Delete members without posts or inactive in bulk 1.1 Jesse Labrocca

Recent Threads on Profile
Show a list of recent threads by each user on their profile page. 1.6.1 Musicalmidget

Subforums in columns
Order subforums in 2 or 3 columns. 2.0 Zaher1988

SpiceFuse Shoutbox
An elegant, fast, and resource friendly AJAX shoutbox. 1.0 Beta 2 Asad Niazi

User activity in profile
Displays the profile's online users' activity location. 2.0 Zaher1988

Unread PM Notification
Informs users with a banner at the top when they have any unread messages. 1.0.2 destroyer

Usergroup legends
Shows Usergroups legends on the index. 1.4.3 CraKteR

Extra Safety Check While Registering
New Users Need To Answer A Question Correct Before Completing The Registration.

We have also made many other changes that are not a plugins.
This is why the board soft update is not possible.. i wish it was Sad
Many of those are available for 1.4, some of those are even default.

AnonymURL - Don't know
Anonym Links in all Topics 1.0 Maximum92

Advanced Stats on Index/Portal - Don't know
Allows you to show more stats like 'Most Viewed Threads' and 'Top Posters' on the index and portal pages. 2.5 Smethead

Board Message - Available
Allows administrators to add a global message to the forums header from the settings administration. 1.0.1 Musicalmidget

Delete Member Posts - Available
This will delete all posts by a member. Please be cautious with this tool. 1.0 Jesse Labrocca
Forum stats in profile
1.1 CraKteR

Auto Assign Groups 2 - DEFAULT (Promotions system)
Auto assigns groups to members with a certain post count 2.1 Goughy000

SkunkMedals System - Similar is Available
Add a fully functional Medals System to MyBB. 1.1 King Butter - NCAABBS SkunkWorks Team

Multiple reputations - Available
1.0.1 CraKteR

No. Topics Started - Available
Displays the number of topics started by a user. 1.0 ZiNgA BuRgA

Show the users that has been online today - Available
Shows the users that has been online within 24 hours. 1.2.2 CraKteR

Private Messages Admin - Available
Gives admins the ability to look through their forums private messages. 2.3.3 Tikitiki

Prune Members - Available
Delete members without posts or inactive in bulk 1.1 Jesse Labrocca

Recent Threads on Profile - Available
Show a list of recent threads by each user on their profile page. 1.6.1 Musicalmidget

Subforums in columns - Available
Order subforums in 2 or 3 columns. 2.0 Zaher1988

SpiceFuse Shoutbox - Available
An elegant, fast, and resource friendly AJAX shoutbox. 1.0 Beta 2 Asad Niazi

User activity in profile - Available/DEFAULT
Displays the profile's online users' activity location. 2.0 Zaher1988

Unread PM Notification- DEFAULT
Informs users with a banner at the top when they have any unread messages. 1.0.2 destroyer

Usergroup legends - Available
Shows Usergroups legends on the index. 1.4.3 CraKteR

Extra Safety Check While Registering - Available
New Users Need To Answer A Question Correct Before Completing The Registration.

Smile
Thanks for that idea.. i may try that and see what happens.

I'll let you all know.

I have a feeling there will be much lost in updating.
(2008-11-03, 11:02 AM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that idea.. i may try that and see what happens.

I'll let you all know.

I have a feeling there will be much lost in updating.

I edited my above post so you can see what plugins are recoverable - there's only 2 that I haven't seen updated/available, but even those may be somewhere. What other things are you afraid of losing?? Maybe we can help you to get it back Smile
WOW, thats good news Matt.. i had no idea

I was worried about loosing things like.. rep points and comments, medals, and other kinds of stats.

I will do this later today and post abck here again and let you know how it went.
If i need help, i will ask in this thread. I can only hope you all have the time to help me.. If i need it.

Now, i gotta find the latest release to install Smile

Wish me luck,
Thanks bro
Rep points and comments will be in the database, so they're fine Smile Medals, can't deny, will probably be lost though I think.

Remember to only do this in a test folder, not your live forum. If you're unsure, I'd be happy to do it for you.
Damn, i knew it ..lol
We have 100's of members with many different medals. There is no way we could hand them all out again.
I will not bother then, its not worth it to us. The board is working just fine and is better off left perfect for us the way it is now.

We get 1000's of visits a day, All counting on everything to be working.

Maybe one day everything will be 100% compatible

Thanks Matt
Ah that's a shame Sad What's weird is, in the mods section, there's some SkunkMedals images, but no actual plugin... if the plugin was there too you could probably update it. I'll Google it...

I still urge you to upgrade to 1.2.14 though, no data will be affected, but you'll be a lot more secure.
Pages: 1 2 3