MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Install / CGI error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,
I just installed MyBB1.4 for the first time and the board seems to function (New Posts, stickies, PM and send E-mail) properly with the exception when I go to log into the Admin_CP.
When I try to log into the Admin_cp, I get prompted for my username and PW, when I click submit, I get the error message:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

http://lapeerchurchofchrist.com/forum

I'm able to log into the Mod_cp without any issues.

Thank you for your help Exclamation
CGI, that's a new one... can you printscreen it??
Hi Matt,

Not much to show for a print screen except a generic CGI error...

I only get the error when I click on Admin CP; it takes me to this url
http://lapeerchurchofchrist.com/forum/admin/index.php

I enter my id and pw and it takes me to this url

http://lapeerchurchofchrist.com/forum/admin/index.php/forum/admin/index.php
(Notice the duplicate url listing at the end?)

Within the browser window, a generic error is displayed.

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Any ideas? Confused
Hmm... what happens when you remove the duplicate bit??
It brings me back to the login screen... Round and round we go ...
Matt,
Check your PM.
In the source of the login code I see this:

<form method="post" action="/forum/admin/index.php/forum/admin/index.php">

So it seems the login button is taking you to a weird link, but I guess that's obvious Toungue Also, when I try and go straight to admin/index.php?module=config, the code is:

<form method="post" action="/forum/admin/index.php/forum/admin/index.php?module=config">

At the moment all I can suggest is to reupload the ./admin/ folder.
hmm, seems I can't rename the existing admin folder on the server... (I was going to rename the admin folder, and then upload the admin folder.

BTW, this is a fresh install. I've only had it installed about two hours now.
Sorry, here is what my ftp client says when I try to rename it.

[18:32:29] 550 File "/wwwroot/forum/admin" can't be renamed.
Ok, can you try this for me?? As we can't get into the ACP, go into ./inc/settings.php, find a way of editing it, and find:

$settings['standardheaders']

If this is a '0' change it to a '1' or vice versa (1 is yes or on, and 0 is no or off). Then if that works, and you can get into the ACP, go to Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Send Standard Headers and make the change again.

Just saw that in an old thread on a similar issue, may be of use.
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the information.

I edited the standard heading entry in the ./inc/setting.php file to a 1 as 0 was set by default.

When I clicked on Admin CP, it took me to the login screen, except this time the page had the error listed below. I logged in anyway and still received the same CGI error message as before. Sooo, I'll set the header entry back to 0.

Could this be a server setting?

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\Domains\lapeerchurchofchrist.com\wwwroot\forum\inc\settings.php:179) - Line: 51 - File: E:\Domains\lapeerchurchofchrist.com\wwwroot\forum\admin\index.php PHP 5.2.4 (WINNT)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
E:\Domains\lapeerchurchofchrist.com\wwwroot\forum\admin\index.php 51 header
Hmm... to be honest, instead of trying different things to fix it, it may be quicker to install again and see if that fixes it, there may have been some small error in the installation. There's a load of errors on the index page too. Try again with fresh files.
Pages: 1 2 3 4