MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Surprise has Arrived!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As I posted in the Last one to post wins contest; the surprise has arrived. Nope, it's not a $1 million dollar donation, it's a Stop PM's '08 website. Toungue

I was looking at the thread 'Don't pm me for support'. So a couple of days a go I was searching on Google and found Obama's site. I clicked on it and just loved the site style. So I thought it would make a great style for a NO PM's '08 joke. Furthermore, I created the graphics (which took longer than the actual site development), then coded it with a Pledge button, which took about 5 minutes to put together.

The site name was inspired by MyBB's CMS, Avidcore. So I thought: since this site is a joke site for MyBB, Perfect! Avidboard.com. So I went off and registered it. (it was also suppose to house another site, but I thought against it) Toungue

So check it out: www.pledge.avidboard.com

It's a little joke geared toward the MyBB staff who keep complaining about support PM's. If you haven't seen Obama's website, you might want to visit it to understand the footer, and the overall style.
You can view his site here: https://donate.barackobama.com/page/cont...agodp06j2w

It might be a little "Cheesy" (or whatever they call it), but hope you guys enjoy it. Pledge a way! Toungue
I like that's very cool, your right that style does look cool and i like the idea of it Smile

And i must not forget i clicky the Pledge button.
Lol - Funny stuff

You should turn that into a "Stop SPAM" and you could eventually make a good business out of it
Glad you guys like it.

(2008-11-04, 10:49 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]You should turn that into a "Stop SPAM" and you could eventually make a good business out of it

Hmmm... Interesting idea, but it won't be as great as this one. Toungue
Nice site. Check your footer image though, I'm not quite sure what a "Poeple" is. Smile

(Spelling error on your site. Smile )

BMR777
Whoops. I'll get it fixed.
I like it... Smile

I like the design of the Obama site too... although I think Jeremy Clarkson should set one up... Clarkson for PM!

I realise not everyone will understand that...!
(2008-11-04, 11:35 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Clarkson for PM!

That would be much better than the guy we have now Toungue Bloody Gordon Brown.
(2008-11-04, 11:35 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]I like it... Smile

I like the design of the Obama site too...

Thanks for your comments. I like the nice blue transition he has on the site. That's what really caught my eye.

Quote:although I think Jeremy Clarkson should set one up... Clarkson for PM!

Toungue
Clarkson for PM! Even though he doesn't effect me.. Smile

Good work there. Maybe you should create a plugin that displays a warning/notice to members when they are creating a PM to a staff member. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3