MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant Logout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im having an annoying issue.

When i goto logout, it keeps saying:
Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to log out, please click the Log Out button at the top menu.

Now ive read a few threads like this about cookies, but this is no good as alot of members wont bother deleting cookies, they will just go elsewhere!

MY wifes board is fine

Im using mybb 1.4.3 with the Fantasy theme

Please tell me what 2 do
Can you logout if you use the default theme? (Can be switched in the UserCP)...

Check your "Header" templates, specifically header_welcomeblock_member. Check that the logout link is:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>

I.E. it needs to have the logoutkey in it...
ive checked the template.
This is the code:
<div style="float:left;" nowrap="nowrap">{$lang->welcome_back} ( <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a> )</div><div align="right" nowrap="nowrap">{$admincplink} {$modcplink} <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>My Controls</strong></a> · <a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 170, 300);">My Friends</a> · <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php" alt="{$lang->welcome_pms_usage}">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a></div>

right, ive editing what you said & when i click logout, it says ive logged out, however the board still shows that im logged in
Change it to:

<div style="float:left;" nowrap="nowrap">{$lang->welcome_back} ( <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a> )</div><div align="right" nowrap="nowrap">{$admincplink} {$modcplink} <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>My Controls</strong></a> · <a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 170, 300);">My Friends</a> · <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php" alt="{$lang->welcome_pms_usage}">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a></div>

Let me know if that works please... Smile

Refresh the pages a few times to clear cache... if that fails to work, clear your browsers and try from the start...
ive changed that & although i dont get the error message, its still saying im logged in
(2008-11-05, 04:08 PM)daz25 Wrote: [ -> ]ive changed that & although i dont get the error message, its still saying im logged in

URL and test account?
a normal test account or admin?
Normal would be OK to test the login/logout...

Just to check: you did change the URL for the logout link to: <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a> right?
yes i done that. Now i have an issue that EVERYTIME i do something in admincp i have to login
Hmm.. that's strange.. check .inc/settings.php for the cookie settings and make sure they're right... do you have the details for me to check this out?
Pages: 1 2