MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB vs. MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, let's compare:

PHPBB

- has caused me loads of errors
- has mods that take forever to install
- not very customizable
- huge, takes up lots of space

MYBB

- has caused me very few errors
- has mods that take 0.70 seconds to install Toungue
- very customizable
- compact, it's only 1 mb est!

Who gets your vote? I know you'll probably say MyBB but asking anyway. Because I dont like phpBB personally.
hmmm this is a thrilling and original thread and i am sure the responses will not be biased
I wouldn't be suprised if this gets locked. I personally have never installed phpBB3, but used it on a free host. And it's a pain. MyBB is the best forum software I've ever come across.
Well, you are posting this on a MyBB support forum. I think the answer is quite obvious. Wink
(2008-11-07, 03:07 AM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you are posting this on a MyBB support forum. I think the answer is quite obvious. Wink

Indeed, you may want to try on a forum that isn't extremely baised like this.

Plus well it's personal preference in the end. But, I never see any situation where you would prefer phpbb Toungue.
Also when you make polls, you don't make comparison so biased. I'm sure people on phpBB can say the exact same thing. Maybe post this on a forum that uses neither phpBB nor MyBB and then see the responses.
Hmmmmmm, think about it guys, she/he suckered you into replying here..............Shoot. she/he suckered me into it too!! Toungue
I love myBB because the admin control panel, and it's just so much better with more, I am trying very hard to learn how to do stuff on it like adding templates...that's all that I can't figure out. On Phpbb it was so easy to add a template. Upload it into the template folder, extract the files and then go to the admin and it would be there. I don't know how to do that with myBB....but other then that I looooooooooooooove myBB.
(2008-11-07, 03:16 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Also when you make polls, you don't make comparison so biased. I'm sure people on phpBB can say the exact same thing. Maybe post this on a forum that uses neither phpBB nor MyBB and then see the responses.

i once made a poll about organ donation on my board, the options were

i am an organ donor
i am a worthless human being

people were offended
(2008-11-07, 04:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-07, 03:16 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Also when you make polls, you don't make comparison so biased. I'm sure people on phpBB can say the exact same thing. Maybe post this on a forum that uses neither phpBB nor MyBB and then see the responses.

i once made a poll about organ donation on my board, the options were

i am an organ donor
i am a worthless human being

people were offended

I would be. I'm not an organ donor nor am I a worthless person. I believe every person has value, except you. Toungue J/K
Pages: 1 2 3