MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Quick Reply Problem With Hanging [R] [C-Michael83]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well at HF this is happening to me and now others very frequently. I thought it was Opera or maybe just me until a user started a thread then everyone chimed in with the problem.

What seems to be happening is that a reply is made while a person is entering their quick reply. That could be one reason for the hanging of the ajax. For whatever reason it's not able to display your own post as last post since well...there was another post.

I haven't had time to really look deep. I am terrible at Ajax but I am hoping this can be tracked down and fixed. Worse case is that if a post was made before instead of hanging maybe the page can just reload instead.

Anyone else with this problem please post. I am curious to know if it's an active site or not.
(2008-11-08, 08:17 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Worse case is that if a post was made before instead of hanging maybe the page can just reload instead.

It does reload.

I don't think this is a bug with MyBB as there hasn't been any problems reported here and we both should be using the same code for it.
So 1 other person had a similar problem?

Until there are "reproducible" conditions, there isn't anything any developer can do for this bug report.
Working on proof of concept now based upon my theory. I am also hoping by started a thread others will chime in experiencing this too. Sometimes it may not happen enough for people to think it's a bug. Please leave this unmarked for a few days just to give time for others users that might experience this.

If I find anything myself I will surely let you know.
This sometimes occurs with me. However, it'll be very difficult to reproduce since it doesn't occur to often.
Is it not possible that Apache/MySQL is hanging..?

During high periods of load Apache/MySQL might hang for random intervals. It's not uncommon and there isn't anything we can do about it.
Couldn't that be check with something like firebug when it hangs? To see if the request got through. Or even returned.
(2008-11-08, 09:24 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Is it not possible that Apache/MySQL is hanging..?

During high periods of load Apache/MySQL might hang for random intervals. It's not uncommon and there isn't anything we can do about it.

That's very possible. I haven't paid close attention to it to know. When it happens again, I'll make sure to look at it. It's most likely what you're saying though.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-398...#pid270795

i monitored that and have the problem since 1.4.1 but with 1.4.3 it is now really often and on 99% it happens only if in the same thread an other user posts befor you post.

regards cHarOn
Pages: 1 2 3 4