MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ForumHost.cn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am running a free MyBB hosting service, completely automated Smile

http://www.forumhost.cn/

Support forum: http://support.forumhost.cn/

What do you think?
I see...It has very nice first impressions. The only thing currently that sets it apart from my host, x2Forums, is that it has a subdomain feature.

Your support forums have the MyBB Default logo and I think you used MyBBMF (thumbs up there! Big Grin).

It has loads of potential. I am the official second member of the support forums. Did you just create this?
Thanks! ^^

Well, it was created since october, but I've been working on stuff since, and only now have I actually started to promote it.

The support forum is separate from MyBBMF, that's why it has the default MyBB logo Toungue
Well, yeah. Is ForumHost.cn taking staff? Because, you know, me being the 2nd member...Toungue
Well, I'm new to the forum hosting business, so what do staff do?
I don't wish to sound rude, but shouldn't you be giving credit to the creators of the mod/plug ins and themes that you offer at your forum?
Do you do that on your own forum?

The theme creators usually add a link to the footer, or the banner includes a link/their name. I haven't modified any of them so the link will stay, meaning if there are hundreds of my forums that use their theme, they will get a bunch of backlinks Smile

I don't know about plugins, but it includes the author's name in the admin CP right?
Quote:Do you do that on your own forum?

Do what?

Quote:The theme creators usually add a link to the footer

Yup, but wouldn't it look more professional if you were to give credit to them in the forum?

May I also ask that if any of these themes/plug ins have problems after downloading/installing from your forum, are you gonna fix the problems?
love it! If I ever need a forum host Im coming to you
Staff?

Well, I could give you an explanation:

Admin: The head owner of the forum, is allowed everything!
Co Admin: Usually there to assist the admin in maintaining the forum and members and keeping it all clean.
Client Manager (the place I'd like to take Toungue): Popular in most webhosts and some forumhosts, they search the forums database (they need sufficient access to the MyBBMF Host Admin CP), and remove inappropriate forums.
Global Moderator/Super Moderator: They moderate everything, make sure nobody harassess or flames another.
Moderator: A stinky rank if you ask me, these guys only get to moderate one forum and keep it clean Sad

There you go Big Grin
Pages: 1 2