MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some minor problem on forum...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Detailed description of problem
Hi all.
Everything is looking good except for some "Error on Page" on Internet Explorer 7.
Does anyone know what is causing it and what can be done to remedy this?

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
Here

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
New installation, latest version (MyBB 1.4.3).

Screenshot or error text, verbatim
Done, but with errors on page

Line: 33
Char: 2
Error: 'lang' is undefined
Code:0
Hi, sorry for the trouble, I found out that the problem happened when I did not use GZip Compression. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem in the future.
I see no errors, I think it's an IE problem.
Surely this is just a Javascript problem in IE?

Sometimes it causes conflicts but there is no known problems with these errors. When it appears, does it stop you from doing anything?
I think it might be IE problem too, no it doesn't really stop you (just that it looks a bit annoying at the left bottom of page)...
I just opened you're forum on IE7 and there isn't any message :confused:.
(2008-11-17, 10:36 AM).Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]I just opened you're forum on IE7 and there isn't any message :confused:.
Oh...that's because I just fixed it some hours ago.

I enabled some option for GZip compression and the error is gone.
(2008-11-17, 10:51 AM)Pudding Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-17, 10:36 AM).Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]I just opened you're forum on IE7 and there isn't any message :confused:.
Oh...that's because I just fixed it some hours ago.

I enabled some option for GZip compression and the error is gone.

Didn't see that Rolleyes Glad it's sorted anyways Smile
This is an IE specific error. This is a well known error here, in Israel. The 'Lang' is actually nothing to do with the web site itself, but an internal IE variable. If you go to (in the IE software itself) "tools" -> "Internet Options" -> int the "Appearance" there is a button called "Language" - IE expects that a site will (I think usinge META, but not that sure) use variable that this option creates. This is used by sites (like Microsoft's) to know in what language to show the site.
I did some checking a while ago with site builders, and I was assured that this should not make any difference surfing/using any site that IE prompts this error about.

Ori...
Or, I'd just delete IE and get a proper browser Toungue
(2008-11-17, 11:04 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Or, I'd just delete IE and get a proper browser Toungue

Like... Chrome?... with no smooth or middle-click scrolling, accessibility problems, broken web dev. tools, dire bookmark management...

Rolleyes

I don't see any problems with your site in IE8 - if I remember right, I read somewhere that IE7 has a problem defining charsets, which leads to this problem.

It won't cause any user problems though, so it's safe to use... ish...
Pages: 1 2