MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem with upgrading to the latest version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have upgrade to the latest version, but I made some mistakes I think.
So I re tranfered the files and I got a new installation.

I opened my forum and everything old topic, members where gone.

I made a backup of the db

But how can I put this back up in the new version ?

And if that doesn't work did I loose it all ?

Thanks in advance for your help
What were you upgrading from?? You can import your backup to your database via PHPMyAdmin.
(2008-11-17, 08:38 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What were you upgrading from?? You can import your backup to your database via PHPMyAdmin.

Thank you for your reply
I've upgraded from 1.2.3... and something. I didn't write it down

Well I have tried to unzip "backup_dbb305bb54" but there are no files in it !!!
It's only 2kB
Does that mean I lost all the data ?
Or import that zip file ?
Probably 1.2.3 but you should have made a note of what it was. The backup doesn't have files, it's just one file full of code, but 2kb is a bit worrying. Extract that file and upload it in PHPMyAdmin, then go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and choose 1.2.3 from the list.
(2008-11-17, 08:56 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Probably 1.2.3 but you should have made a note of what it was. The backup doesn't have files, it's just one file full of code, but 2kb is a bit worrying. Extract that file and upload it in PHPMyAdmin, then go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and choose 1.2.3 from the list.

This is the file backup_dbb305bb54.GZIP file what ever that means.
Cann't extract the file
Would it still be on the server ?
I allready deleted install/upgrade.php
Can't you open it and get the file from inside?? Might still be on the server if you haven't overwritten the database... well, you need upgrade.php Rolleyes Re-upload it and run the upgrader, if the database is as it was before you'll be ok.
(2008-11-17, 09:05 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you open it and get the file from inside?? Might still be on the server if you haven't overwritten the database... well, you need upgrade.php Rolleyes Re-upload it and run the upgrader, if the database is as it was before you'll be ok.

I just installed the new version, but I don't know if it has touched the db
How can I check that, if the db has been changed ?
And what do you mean by the inside ?
Well unless you ran the install or upgrade script it wouldn't have. Just reupload the entire ./install/ folder and go to ./install/upgrade.php.
so I just transfer the install files
and I go and install it again ?
Just reupload the ./install/ folder as you said you deleted it, and make sure all the other 1.4.3 files are there. And no, not install, upgrade.php. If you install again you'll overwrite your database and it appears your backup isn't complete, so don't install again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5