MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove RE: subject from posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I would like to remove the "RE: subject" from the posts. I searched and could not find a solution.

also, if i remove those, will it then affect the subject line showing up in a search?

See attached image.
thanks
I believe you cannot remove it from all posts automatically(Correct me if I'm wrong Big Grin).

When making a new post, you can always erase the subject when using the new reply button.

Hope this helps Big Grin
thanks. but it should be possible. it is displayed on each post using some code snippet somewhere. i can't seem to locate it. anyone?
Do you just want to remove the RE: or the entire line?? Removing the entire line should just be a case of removing it from the template.

EDIT: Try this. In ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Postbit Templates > postbit and postbit_classic > find and remove:

<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
Take a look in your templates (Postbit templates -> postbit/Postbit_classic) - you'll see this line(ish):

<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>

Fiddle around with the post subject part and you'll get what you want Smile I guess you could always put an alternative there if you use something to strip the first few characters, or explode it or something...

[/i]Edit:[/i] Damn me and my eating... Matt beat me too it... but I still like my post icon being there...!
isn't it great that people are fighting to help?
thanks a lot guys Smile
can we found the "RE:" on the language files?
i want to replace this "RE:" with something different.
It's not in the language templates, it's in the source code.

Edit ./inc/datahandlers/post.php - circa line 186 and 196 - $subject = "RE: ".$thread['subject'];
i change the string "RE:" into those files but nothing happens to my site. The "RE:" remain the same...
what can i do to change it?
Well, if Tom is correct, that file is where that RE: comes from so that is the way to change it, and if you've tried to change it and it hasn't worked you've done something wrong.
Pages: 1 2