MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I modify the settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just set up a forum, and I want to run a pretty tight ship!
Is there any way that I can ensure that all members can only contact each other through the forum, and that there is no email contact, and that there is no option for addition contact info on profile other than there website url????
How do I modify the settings?

In your admin control panel > Configuration > Then look for "Show All Settings" on the far right side.

That will get you started, I need to leave the rest of your questions for an expert.
Everything you need can be done, some of it might need changes to the templates and / or code.

Welcome to the forum Smile
From the template usercp_profile remove:
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong>{$lang->additional_contact_details}</strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}">
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->icq_number}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="icq" size="25" value="{$user['icq']}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->aim_screenname}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="aim" size="25" value="{$user['aim']}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->msn}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="msn" size="25" value="{$user['msn']}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->yahoo_id}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="yahoo" size="25" value="{$user['yahoo']}" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
That will stop users from adding the additional contact information to their profiles.

Before I tell you how to remove the items from the user's profile, do you want Private Messaging removed also?
Private messaging ok, and thats just a click of a button to remove, I can handle that!!
It's all the over stuff which is a bit over my head!!!
Will what you have given me remove all the headings in the members profile area (except the private messaging option?
To remove the information from the user's (member's) profile, remove the following code from the member_profile template:
{$sendemail}
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->pm}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2"><a href="private.php?action=send&amp;uid={$memprofile['uid']}">{$lang->send_pm}</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->icq_number}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=imcenter&amp;imtype=icq&amp;uid={$uid}', 'imcenter', 450, 300);">{$memprofile['icq']}</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->aim_screenname}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=imcenter&amp;imtype=aim&amp;uid={$uid}', 'imcenter', 450, 300);">{$memprofile['aim']}</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->yahoo_id}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=imcenter&amp;imtype=yahoo&amp;uid={$uid}', 'imcenter', 450, 300);">{$memprofile['yahoo']}</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->msn}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=imcenter&amp;imtype=msn&amp;uid={$uid}', 'imcenter', 450, 300);">{$memprofile['msn']}</a></td>
</tr>
That will also take out the space for private messaging, as it was easier that way. Smile
I really appreciate your help, but I'm very new to this! Is there anyway you can breakt this down for me?
Firstly, where do I go in the config area of forum to make these changes and secondly do I need to do both?
As mentioned private messaging is ok, though I do not want any email contact to be made and I also want to remove all other contact details from profile area???
Also is there anyway to change the headings eg members contact details includes the heading 'homepage' is it possible to change this heading?
For the first edit I mentioned:
Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> *Expand your template set* --> User Control Panel Templates --> usercp_profile
The second:
Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> *Expand your template set* --> Member Templates --> member_profile
Thats clearer, and how do I change the homepage heading, and ensure I do not remove private messaging?
Sorry, to add the Private Messaging back, below the following code (in the member_profile template):
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->homepage}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1">{$website}</td>
</tr>
Add this code:
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->pm}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2"><a href="private.php?action=send&amp;uid={$memprofile['uid']}">{$lang->send_pm}</a></td>
</tr>
The homepage heading? You mean how you see MyBB Community Forums here?
Admin CP --> Configuration --> General Configuration --> Board Name
Also, in the postbit (below a user's post) you will see the email image. To remove that, remove this code from the following template:
Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> *Expand your template set* --> Post Bit Templates --> postbit
{$post['button_email']}
Pages: 1 2