MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: install theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
www.whiteplainshistory.org/forum

I installed successfully, though I had to abort and restart to get MySql setup with userid and db correctly. But I have no theme? What have I done wrong and how can I remedy?

When I login to admin page and look for themes, I only see:

MyBB Master Style, Users 0
Default, Users 1

Thanks.

Lou.
Is very strange, have you loaded the theme with FTP Client?
Have you a problem with your hosting?
Re-loaded mybb and control
I've done no more than successfully complete the install script. I needed to do more than that, such as to ftp obtain some basic theme?

Lou.
If it's what I think it is, it isn't strange at all, it's a common problem. I can't see your forum as it times out but make sure your board URL is correct in the settings, and that ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMODd to 777.
I'm running under windows XP/SP2. I see that those folders are Read-only. I tried to remove that status, but it keeps coming back (so I guess it was never really changed)? I even tried stopping Apache. Didn't help.

It's worrisome that you are unable to visit my web site. It's running fine. I'll presume that's a problem with the network beyond my control.
So when you tried to set them to 777 it didn't work?? You'll have to find a way to change the permissions...
I don't understand Windows XP. When I used Explorer, all folders show up as Read-only! But when I use attrib command http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549, I can see that the 'R' attribute is not set. As proof, I'm able to set 'R' and remove 'R' and the expected result is observed as shown by the attrib command. Further, I am indeed able to delete folders marked as Read-only without restriction.

So, my claim is that although Explorer seems a bit confused about displaying R/O with respect to folders, the truth of the matter is that the folders are R/W.

Anyone else having this kind of trouble? Other ideas?

Lou.
It needs RWX (read, write, and execute).
I really appreciate your help.

Under Windows, it seems that the possible attribute values are:

Read-only
Archive
System
Hidden

The directories in question have none of those attributes, according to attrib command.

Lou.
Hmm... can you printscreen the page?? Just to get a look at what other options there might be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4