MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] [split] Merge from smf 1.1.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-11-19, 09:34 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]The download package was updated with the fix. It was a simple fix just a misspelling on 2 variables. You can try your conversions now and they should work

Thank you for working on it but I just downloaded SVN Snapshot again, uploaded the convert folder again including the loginconvert.php file to the plugin folder, ran the conversion with no errors except saying it could not find attachments again and it came out all messed up although quite different than before. http://norcalcarpclub.com/newforum/

PS: I did the complete recount & rebuild right after first visiting the forum but it did nothing.Huh

Maybe I should either wait for the stable version or maybe try the long way around with the 1.2 merge tool?
(2008-11-19, 10:57 PM)catfished Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-19, 09:34 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]The download package was updated with the fix. It was a simple fix just a misspelling on 2 variables. You can try your conversions now and they should work

Thank you for working on it but I just downloaded SVN Snapshot again, uploaded the convert folder again including the loginconvert.php file to the plugin folder, ran the conversion with no errors except saying it could not find attachments again and it came out all messed up although quite different than before. http://norcalcarpclub.com/newforum/

PS: I did the complete recount & rebuild right after first visiting the forum but it did nothing.Huh

Maybe I should either wait for the stable version or maybe try the long way around with the 1.2 merge tool?

This bug report was about missing forum titles - If you want me to fix your problems your still going to need to send me those files I asked for.
(2008-11-20, 12:06 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]This bug report was about missing forum titles - If you want me to fix your problems your still going to need to send me those files I asked for.
I have many missing titles and posts.
Ok but the only file you asked for is:
Quote:Send me a ZIP of your /convert/logs/ directory in a PM as well.
The only thing like that I'm aware of is the "/convert/logs/": directory accessible by FTP or File Manager but there's nothing in it but a temp index.html file so I'm really confusedHuh
[Image: convert.jpg]
Should I be looking elsewhere?

Also, I have this report that was generated after the merge:

General Statistics
You merged SMF 1 to your forum.
Import began Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:27:24 +0000
Import finished Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:46:08 +0000

Database Query Statistics
Queries on the MyBB database 44426
Queries on the SMF 1 database 4641
Total query time 113.627244473

Modules
The following modules from this converter were completed:
* Database Configuration
* Import SMF 1 Usergroups
* Import SMF 1 Users
* Import SMF 1 Categories
* Import SMF 1 Forums
* Import SMF 1 Forum Permissions
* Import SMF 1 Threads
* Import SMF 1 Polls
* Import SMF 1 Poll Votes
* Import SMF 1 Posts
* Import SMF 1 Private Messages
* Import SMF 1 Moderators
* Import SMF 1 Settings
* Import SMF 1 Calendar Events
* Import SMF 1 Attachments

Import Statistics
The MyBB import system imported the following from your copy of SMF 1.1:

User Groups 10
Users 181
Categories 9
Forums 26
Forum Permissions 0
Moderators 0
Threads 1478
Posts 7528
Attachments 543
Polls 9
Poll Votes 67
Private Messages 1537
Events 0
Settings 26
Looks like /convert/logs/ didn't have the permissions to write the logging files. Without those log files things get a lot harder to diagnose.
(2008-11-20, 01:08 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like /convert/logs/ didn't have the permissions to write the logging files. Without those log files things get a lot harder to diagnose.

So you're saying to forget it? I wish the merge tool or the Wiki had said something about changing permissions for the logs. I guess I'll just have to give up on this, I've done a lot of merges from IPB to SMF and PhpBB to MyBB but I never ran into all these problems. Nonetheless, thank you for your time and efforts.
(2008-11-20, 01:25 AM)catfished Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-20, 01:08 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like /convert/logs/ didn't have the permissions to write the logging files. Without those log files things get a lot harder to diagnose.

So you're saying to forget it? I wish the merge tool or the Wiki had said something about changing permissions for the logs. I guess I'll just have to give up on this, I've done a lot of merges from IPB to SMF and PhpBB to MyBB but I never ran into all these problems. Nonetheless, thank you for your time and efforts.

No I'm saying change the permissions so that it can log them and run the merge so we can see the problems.

Considering you're using a Beta product, the documentation has not been fully developed and when the product goes final, logging won't even be enabled by default.
(2008-11-20, 01:37 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]No I'm saying change the permissions so that it can log them and run the merge so we can see the problems.

OK thanks Ryan,

I just sent you a PM with a link to the zip file.
Hi,

migration complete, but:
- PMs don´t work: I had to reactivate my account
- Quotes in PMs doesn´t work
- attachmens could not be found
- The sub forums: Server, Webspace, and 1 more are again on a wrong place (these boards were hidden in the original smf)

@Ryan: I send you the conversion logs via PM.
For an example I merged a second SMF in that board. There were two users merged. But how can I figure it out which users that are?
(2008-11-20, 12:18 PM)krawutke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
migration complete, but:
- The sub forums: Server, Webspace, and 1 more are again on a wrong place (these boards were hidden in the original smf)
I see we're both experiencing the same types of problems. I'm sure they will resolve this in time. Meanwhile I'll just keep that forum on SMF. I'm not dissatisfied with SMF, I just like MyBB better.Big Grin
I tried merging to MyBB 1.2 today from SMF 1.1.7 and had all the same type of errors as with the 1.4 merge. I have merged SMF to MyBB 1.2 before with no serious problems but now the same merge tool is not working for me. Huh
(2008-11-20, 12:18 PM)krawutke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

migration complete, but:

For an example I merged a second SMF in that board. There were two users merged. But how can I figure it out which users that are?

Did you get your problems resolved? I've heard nothing for 3 days. I sent Ryan the requested zip file on Wednesday evening and haven't heard a thing since.Huh
Pages: 1 2