MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FREE Webhosting + Forums : The Webring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Like to introduce you guys to The Webring.

We have combined BMR777's Triton CMS MU and MyBBMF forum script to create a host with the best of both worlds.

The MyBB 1.42 hosting side has subdirectory (booo..Toungue) versions of MyBB with lots of plugins, unlimited everything, and NO ADS. And for the people who don't really like the default MyBB theme, well, we've changed the default theme to a much nicer and more fashionable one Wink

The webhosting side totally redefines webhosting. Instead of making things difficult for you and making you fiddle with index.html files, and for people who don't have a clue how to set up a site, then our unique interface (THANKS BMR!) is a lifesaver. We offer themes, and easy ways to build your website, add pages, and customize it. This too, has Unlimited bandwidth and pages. Oh, and you get a nice subdomain too that you can actually remember!

Click here.

P.S To the people who criticised x2Forums and MyBBPro, you may find a nice suprise in the support forums...Toungue
Why would you use The Webring, to copy Webring America?
No, not trying to copy Webring America silly. I would name it Webring Canada if that was the case Wink

1. I felt like choosing that name, I thought it'd be a nice one.
2. And yah, WebringAmerica has great success, thought to compliment that by creating the host sharing that name.
3. The Webring sounds neat and original to me.

Do you like the overall website?
(2008-11-25, 03:39 AM)Dude106 Wrote: [ -> ]No, not trying to copy Webring America silly. I would name it Webring Canada if that was the case Wink

1. I felt like choosing that name, I thought it'd be a nice one.
2. And yah, WebringAmerica has great success, thought to compliment that by creating the host sharing that name.
3. The Webring sounds neat and original to me.

Do you like the overall website?
Not exactly.

1. You obviously didn't since your second point contradicts this, so in a way you did not just think this up.
2. As a competitor, you chose to base your name on that of a successful business in your industry?

So please tell me, what happened to MyBBPro? You've barely even lasted a week. You should really consider getting a different banner, one that actually suits your theme.
you really can't stick to a project can you?
Unless BMR777 has consented to this I don't think he'll take too kindly to it. Very similar name... also, 'A nice subdomain too that you can actually remember' and 'You get a short url that you can actually remember.' Hmm. Sounds like you're just ripping him off in this one. I may be being picky and it is my personal view but it just seems a bit cheap. A bit like another person creating some forum software and calling it YourBB, copying a lot of MyBB, and offering it to people. I think that might cause a few problems. I personally wouldn't want anyone creating a hosting company with a similar name to mine if I had one.

Of course he may be ok with it but the above is my opinion.

And ghost and Brad are right, you seem to go through hosting companies like there's no tomorrow. What do you do with the people that host with you when you make another new service?? And don't you think people will think twice about hosting with you when they see all the failed attempts you've had??
What the hell?

1.Get a tld domain.
2. Learn some web-design.
3.Learn how to use a GFX program.
Seriously, its that simple, and you would get more people.
Agree with Clair
I find it interesting that he chose the name he did. I don't own any copyright to my site's name or anything like that, so there's nothing I can really do to stop him from using that name. I just think it's a bit odd though that he chose the name he did.

In the end though there is only one WebringAmerica. If you want to succeed at forum hosting you can't just do what I do, you have to have your own gimmick, your own strategy, because if you're trying just to use my strategy it is a mixed bag whether or not it will work out for you, especially as I've been hosting forums for over 4 years now and I've had plenty of time to perfect my skills and knowledge to become a darn good forum host. Smile

I welcome the competition though. Competition forces all forum hosts to innovate and stops them from being complacent. Just look now at CreateMyBB, still running MyBB 1.2. Toungue

Best of luck this time around. Who knows, maybe you'll out do me someday in forum hosting. Very unlikely, but I concede that it's possible. Smile

BMR777
(2008-11-25, 08:33 PM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been hosting forums for over 4 years now and I've had plenty of time to perfect my skills and knowledge to become a darn good forum host.

And it really shows.

Dude106, what I suggest, and I'm sure other people will agree with me, is to pick one name, pick one company, and just stick to it, and improve that. All this faffing about with a new hosting company every week isn't working for you. To be honest the best name 'so far' was MyBB Pro but that seems to have been killed off rather quickly... at least get a .com domain and have something like yoursite.mybbpro.com, at least that's a proper domain, not .co.cc or .tk. You seem to not want to spend any money on this and I think you'll have to if you're going to get anywhere.
Pages: 1 2 3