MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Update 1.4.4 failed class_parser.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi ,

the update to version 1.4.4 failed. After the update the following error occured:
When i want to open a thread instead of all posting there is an error message:

Quote:Warning [2] preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 8 - Line: 406 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 5.1.2 (Linux)

Any hints to fix it?
You sure you chose the right version on the upgrade script??
The first package didn't show the 1.4.3 version only the 1.4.2 version.
This was the one I select.
Good... ok, can you try and reupload ./inc/class_parser.php
No differenz. I deleted the file on the server and uploaded the one from the updated 1.4.4 package.
I just updated the download with a patch that should fix this - Please try re-uploading inc/class_parser.php from a fresh download
Thanks a lot!!!! The forum is online again! Smile The fix did it!

You are great!
This is messing my plugins up, its probably the fact that I didn't deactivate them before upgrading and now on all plugins I get this error even after deactivating and activating again, is there away to sort this? I have uploaded a new version of the class parser file a few times and nothing.
What version where you upgrading from?? If you were upgrading within 1.4, active plugins shouldn't cause a problem.
I was upgrading from 1.4.3, and yeah I agree they shouldn't as they've never given me a problem before, but it was the only thing I could think of.

All my shouts in my shoutbox has vanished aswell and I noticed the PM's I had are gone they are there but there's no message in them.

If I can't solve this I guess worst case is I'll have to upload a backup up. I'd prefer not to mind. Would a re-upload of 1.4.4 work maybe?
I have now sorted this problem by downloading the class parser from here,

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-412...#pid277929

So the 1.4.4 release which said it had the error fixed (above by Ryan didn't work for me) anyway its now sorted, thanks for all the amazing work you guys do and thanks to Matt for the help Smile
Pages: 1 2