MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How does mybb..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When a forum breaks the rules that is powered by mybb such as, doing something against the TOS

Does mybb have a control panel where they can shutdown forums or do they contact the host? I have always woundered this Toungue
MyBB first contact the forum owner, to no avail, they contact the hosting company.
Is there really anything that applies now since it went open source though. I mean it's not like you can see their php files to see that the copyright is still there.

But, what rcpalace said is the standard practice for anything really. After that if they have a host who doesn't care whats on their server then you can most likely push for legal action.
There's a forum that has changed the copyright to their own and I believe that is breaking the terms of removing the copyright but don't quote me on it.
It's no longer against the terms as we are now GPL. They just won't get support here.Wink
I could have sworn I read somewhere that they couldn't put their own copyright, maybe that was part of the old one Toungue
I don't see why people would remove the copyright as everyone recognises different forum software and knows that they're purchased/downloaded from the people who make them. The people that do this are sad really.
I am proud to have powered by MyBB on the footer Smile
Same with kruzzen Smile
It looks a lot better than having "vbulletin" on the footer, thats for sure!
Pages: 1 2