MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recount - Rebuild error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hemi I have time today to take a peek if you want. This issue isn't mybb...it's most likely a server misconfiguration. Reality is that often times dedicateds are setup poorly by hosts. They expect renters to know how to manage their server which often times they don't.

You're paying a premium for "Fully Managed w/backup 160 hd". You can rent that server for a lot less if you are gonna have to self-manage it anyways. If I fix this and find it to be a server misconfiguration you should be getting rid of the host.

You would be better off getting this then paying me to manage it for you. Smile

Check these deals out too:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=740204
http://www.superbhosting.net/dedicated-s...s/edge.php (my colo host actually)
The dual core zeon was a great deal, that's what Im paying now. maybe I'll check into that. I have no choice really but let you take a look. I've been with this host for like 6 years, great host on a shared system, I'm certainly questioning now the dedicated situation. Since I went dedicated, there's certainly been a few mistakes. I can't tell you how many times they've blamed a script and it's not been it. They have one guy I know of that's brilliant at looking at a script issue and setting the server or php right to it, but I seem to only get him on occasion, of course not this time either. I'll always give MyBB the benefit of the doubt. I haven't stuck it out for the years I have here for nothing. What do you want from Jesse. You know that I'm using CentOS btw. Not FreeBSD.

Regards
FreeBSD or CentOS doesn't matter...config files are the same. I won't need to rebuild anything just look at what's configured now. And I can handle CentOS just fine btw...I just consider myself a FreeBSD pro.

If you can PM me shell access that's perfect but at minimal I would like FTP and admincp. From shell I can look at config files easier and see if some changes make any difference. From FTP and admincp I can at least try some testing that might show the problem. I can probably figure out the error from FTP and Admincp but fixing it might require shell.

Let me know. If you want PM me at Mybb Central if you feel you need the info secured. I will make sure to immediately delete it after it's recieved.
Hey Jesse,

Can you pm me your email addy. MyBB Central is not sending me password retrieve email.

Regards
I have just come across this thread when I was looking for a solution to why the recount rebuild attachment thumbnails, of all other recount and rebuild tools in mybb 1.4.6, was not functioning (just giving me a blank page after the third "proceed".
I managed to solve it by modifying the default values of the php.ini file on my server to the following:

max_execution_time = 180
max_input_nesting_level = 64
max_input_time = 340
memory_limit =  128M

Then it worked with no problem.

I'm posting this, just in case someone might be facing this problem.Rolleyes

Regards
^ Probably might want to consider lowering the values after you've done the rebuild.
(2009-05-16, 01:22 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]^ Probably might want to consider lowering the values after you've done the rebuild.

Could you please explain why lowering the values is needed? In my case the only value which i have changed was the max_execution_time = 180 (which was 60). The other values were already the server's default.
To answer your question, it's not needed. I recommend it, but if you're fine with it that way, then just leave it as is.
Pages: 1 2 3