MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade issue: 1.4.3 --> 1.4.4 [solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Running 1.4.3.

I tried to upgrade to 1.4.4 following the wiki. downloaded and copied the contents of upload replacing the existing files. run upgrade.php and successfully got to the first page. it showed only 1.4 or 1.4.1 as the existing versions. but it correctly displayed the current version in the first line.

so i went ahead and selected that option and the upgrade was completed without any problem except that i upgraded to 1.4.3 !!!

no change to the forum. some icons changed..thats all...luckly i had the back up and i put the old files back ...

i did the upgrade today and downloaded 1.4.4. today as well.
I searched and found that many people had the previous version in the drop down listed as 1.4.2. I did not have that.

any idea why this is so?

[currently bluehost is doing some work on the servers. so my site is not accessible now.]
I'm a bit unclear, what version did you choose from the list??
I selected the option: 1.4 or 1.4.1 from the drop down. it never gave me an option for 1.4.2 or 1.4.3
Well you shouldn't really have done that, would have been better to ask here first... use the changed files pack from here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid276263

You did make a backup before you upgraded, yeah?? I would suggest you revert to that as I'm not sure what upgrading from an incorrect version would have done.
Yes i have a backup and the forum is running fine on 1.4.3
Thanks.
So what i should do is to get that mybb_1404_changed_files.zip
and copy to the forum root replacing all the existing ones and run upgrade?
Yeah, so revert to that backup, upload all the files in that package, and run the upgrader. You should see 1.4.3 then.
Also. I had renamed my admin folder. so i would just rename the admin folder name after the upgrade?
Yeah, if you rename the current one back to admin for now, add the new files to it and then rename it to what you had it as, it'll be fine.

Also I just tried to upgrade 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 using the full 1.4.4 package from the downloads page and 1.4.3 was in the list so not sure why it wasn't for you.
I am not sure either. Thanks Matt. I will try using the other one.
I think its good to have a parallel server set up locally to test these. But I am not sure how to set up the exact database to get the exact replica of my site online. any pointers?
I tried on a backup forum and it works ok. but i made a lots of changes to the template for instance, the index, footer, display etc...so i would just replace there template after upgrade...right?

i know about what files have been changed from the upgrade package. does it work if i only replace the changed files instead of running upgrade process?

thanks
Pages: 1 2