MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error in Admin CP Preferences & Personal Notes - Resolved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I just did my upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 and the only error that I am seeing is the following SQL error when I try to access the "Preferences & Personal Notes" in Admin CP. Everything else seems to have gone just fine. Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you so very much for any assistance in advance. It is greatly appreciated!

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'codepress' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT notes, cpstyle, codepress FROM mybb_adminoptions WHERE uid='1' LIMIT 1
Did you run the upgrade script?
http://forum url/install/upgrade.php ?
I didn't run the upgrade script, I just copied all the files over via my ftp program. I didn't realize I should do it that way, with the script, I can redo it that way if it will make a difference.
I ran the upgrade script that that worked! Thank you so very much for your fast reply!
It was mentioned in the announcement and it would do you a lot of good for the future if you read them carefully.
(2008-12-04, 08:47 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]It was mentioned in the announcement and it would do you a lot of good for the future if you read them carefully.

I did read it carefully... I realize now that was what it was talking about. Forgive my lack of experience. I am not an expert at this... which is why I posted here for help. I fully understand now and will do that for all upgrades in the future. Thanks for making me feel little though.
Quote:Please note, that you need to run the upgrade script for this version. This is so the templates may be updated.

I personally think that is pretty clear... and it's not a case of making you feel little, just a case of reading instructions Smile
Well, I didn't knew you had to run the upgrade.php script either, I never knew it existed, while I tend to do these things careful. Clearly not careful enough though Confused

Anyway, I stumbled upon this thread because I have the same error. In my test environment (which is the same as the live environment) I tried the solution and ran the upgrade.php script. I did the "find new templates" option too and I cleared the cache of my browser. But the error still exists.
The error in the OP will be when you haven't upgraded properly, simple as. Are you sure ran the upgrade script??
Yep, it completed the upgrade succesfully and then locked the install folder again. I could try running the upgrade script again, don't know if that's even possible when it's already done 1 time?
First, make sure your admin files are all 1.4.4, specifically ./admin/modules/home/preferences.php
Pages: 1 2