MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: World Beyblade Organization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
After months of work, I'm happy to announce the launch of the World Beyblade Organization.

Since October of 2007, Beywiki has been uniting Beybladers all over the world. Founded by Bey Brad as an answer to the lack of concrete support in the Beyblade community, Beyblade quickly rocketed away from its humble origins to attain its status as the most popular Beyblade website in the world.

If one thing has been learned from the Beywiki project, it is that Beyblade has proven to be remarkably resolute all over the world. In many parts of the world where Beyblade has not been sold in many years, there are still many Bladers yearning for battle.

With Metal Fight Beyblade having launched in Japan, Beyblade has been given a second chance. However, Takara-Tomy has no plans to begin development abroad until 2010. While the WBBA -- the World Beyblade Association -- sanctions Beyblade play in Japan, there is no truly international governing body for Beyblade competition.

That is why, effective immediately, Beywiki is being relaunched as the World Beyblade Organization (WBO). The goal of the WBO is simple -- to be a sanctioning body for Beyblade, and an organization dedicated to the promotion of Beyblade, all over the world.

The WBO functions on the Elo ranking system, employed by Chess, Go, and many competitive games and hobbies all over the world. When Bladers battle in real life, the results are reported by the loser on the WBO website. The rankings are then adjusted accordingly. The goal is to provide a comprehensive ranking system for Beyblade. By winning many battles, Bladers will climb to the top and earn the title of the best Blader in the world.

The Beywiki project is not being abandoned. The Beywiki will continue as a side-project of the WBO. However, the focus of the website has shifted from the Beywiki itself to the community that has been formed.

The WBO is reaching out to Bladers in every part of the world, Bladers who speak every language. We have begun employing translators to reach out to Bladers who cannot speak English, so you can look forward to more international content as the WBO grows.

One of the most interesting aspects is the World Battle System. This is a plugin that I commissioned from Labrocca, which he has released as the Match Rank. There hasn't been any activity yet, but I know there will be soon.

Check it out and give me your comments. Smile
The theme looks great, love what you've done with the postbit. Great site. Smile
Wow, how you did that with the postbit? My members would love this in the postbit, could you reply with a tutorial (if any), or if it's easy, teach us? It looks really nice.
And btw, your site looks pretty good too. Keep up the good work, and good luck with your project.

Best regards,
Icy
Good Job. Although I liked the previous orange theme, this one is good as well. Big Grin
I love the theme and logo, also nice idea with the postbit Rolleyes
Thanks for your comments!

If you want, I can post the postbit here. Obviously you will need to clean it up a bit to suit your needs, but hopefully nobody will object to that ...

Since we relaunched, registration is booming. I'm very happy. Smile
Here, enjoy:

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4px" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<td class="datetime">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</td><td class="subjectline"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></td><td class="posturl">{$post['posturl']}</td>

<tr>

<td class="{$altbg}"  width="1%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; border: 0px;" rowspan="2">
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a> 
<div class="postbitpad">       
<fieldset class="postbit1" style="margin: 0 auto;"><legend align="left"><strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong><br /></legend>
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
</span>
</fieldset>

<div class="postbit2_header">{$post['onlinestatus']} Blader Data</a></div>
<div class="postbit2">{$post['user_details']}</div>
</div>
		</td>
<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top" colspan="2" style="border: 0;">
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 10px 10px 5px 6px;">
                {$post['message']}
            </div>

<div>
				 {$post['attachments']}
            {$post['signature']}
	</div>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: bottom;" colspan="2">
			<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tbody><tr valign="bottom">
					<td style="padding: 0pt;" align="left">
{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}</td>
<td style="padding: 0pt;" align="right">
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>{$post['iplogged']}   </div>
</div>
						</div>
{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
				</tr>
			</tbody></table>
		</td>
	</tr>

</tbody>
</table>
Nice site Wink
I like beyblade, it's been a while since I have read anything concerning it. It's good to see that it hasn't died. Continue the good work.
Looks good, BB. Smile
(2008-12-07, 01:57 AM)Ssurno Wrote: [ -> ]Nice site Wink
I like beyblade, it's been a while since I have read anything concerning it. It's good to see that it hasn't died. Continue the good work.

It's because of our work that Beyblade stays alive. Wink

(2008-12-07, 02:05 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, BB. Smile

No criticism from lufbra!? I must be doing well!
Wanted to bump this again. Since relaunching we've gotten over 200 new registrations. Check it out Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11