MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where on the Admin CP or dashboard do I go to check the password settings?

I have a friend that signed up on my forum and lost his password. He went through the process and was notified that his password would be emailed to him. It has been over a day and he still has not received it.

I'd like to know where the settings are for this stuff, I looked but could not find them.

Thanks
i dont think there is any, he might have to sign up again.
(2008-12-05, 06:55 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]i dont think there is any, he might have to sign up again.

No way!, there has to be settings for this. At least, I hope so...
well, i just looked and u can make a new pw if he had his old one, but idk why he didnt get the email yet, did he check his spam folder?
(2008-12-05, 06:58 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]well, i just looked and u can make a new pw if he has his old one, but idk why he didnt get the email yet, did he check his spam folder?

He told me he checked the spam folder. Where are the settings or controls for it anyway?

Thanks
the only thing i saw that would be in that spot that makes the most sense is user and groups and users you click on.
(2008-12-05, 06:58 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]well, i just looked and u can make a new pw if he has his old one, but idk why he didnt get the email yet, did he check his spam folder?

He told me he checked the spam folder. Where are the settings or controls for it anyway?

Thanks
i just told u
Ok, thanks.
Edit his account in the admin CP, you should see an option for username, password, email address, etc. Change his password to something, give him the password over email or IM and then he can log in and change it.

As for the email not being sent out, do other emails get sent out by the forum?
You might want to check with your host about emails.
Pages: 1 2