MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attatchments not attatching!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks Dennis Smile

That's way to techy for me Blush but I'll get one of the other admins to do it and then post the link.
Just upload this to your forum root and give the link to it...

[attachment=11983]
Blush Forum 'root'? I'm trying to get someone else over here that isn't as dim as me!
Same place as where index.php, online.php, usercp.php, all that is...
After problems i had with uploading anything, like attachments and avatars, ive now changed my host and its seems it was there fault why nothing would upload. Anyway, that bit is fine now. I can upload avatars and attachments now. But (isnt there always a but!) when i upload an attachment and place it in my post, it attaches for a while and then just disappears leaving me with a sort of [ ] symbol

Regards

tyke
Good that it's sorted, I was starting to think it was a host issue.

Can you show a printscreen of where this [ ] shows...?? If you insert it into a post it should show [attachment=X] where X is the attachment ID.
Btw, I'm not ignoring your help guys, just a bit slow to get someone else to help my end, they're out driving around and haven't got time to get on the comp at the mo.

Matt, did I mention I was comp illiterate??? LOL. I don't know where all those php's are! If they are in the admin cp I should be able to fine them. If not I wont have permission to access that bit.
Tyke hope you get your probs sorted too Smile
No it's not in the ACP, it's in your file manager, where you uploaded your MyBB files....
ive worked out why i cant see the attachments in my posts, its when im looking and im not logged in, for some reason the attachments dont show for guests, just some sort of download link. Is this to save on bandwidth or something so only members see the attachments.
Through your host's control panel file manager or through your FTP client. Nothing to do with the ACP or the forum itself. If you have neither access, then I think you should tell someone who hasSmile
Pages: 1 2 3