MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb fusion - opensource mybb release [dev*]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm assuming that it will be a plugin, but that's just my jist of it. I think it's basically either going to be a rewrite of some things making it easier to use, but as I said - that's just what I get from it.
Mybbfusion is a new development by mybb workshop, which is going to change the functionality of mybb for newbies....

New development = More than a plugin.
Sounds to me like a "friendly fork" which can bring more users who learn about MyBB.
Sounds basically like a different package of MyBB. It might just be me, once again Toungue lol
It's a new mybb package. It will have a simple backend to it, also including modifications to the frontend. Theming is being currently worked on to find ways of making it easier for people to use. Did I also mention that the backend is getting the wordpress dashboard look that Renegade has being working on. So basically its a new release of mybb, however we may release our own updates ever so often, but mybb 1.4 updates will work also.

It's going to be a big project...
Also please remember it's okay to do stuff like this now that MyBB is under it's new license.
I'm assuming this project will be very big once we start seeing some progress on it Wink
Yes, i'll post some screenshots as soon as I get them Smile
I can't wait! Smile How many people are working on this project?
I think I maybe joining.
(2008-12-16, 12:24 AM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]I think I maybe joining.
As do I. But not sure yet if it'll be the best thing. I'll have to wait until I get settled in to decide.
Updates - 16/12

I have thought of a new feature, which I have now started developing. This is the FUSIONstore. It will allow theme creators to upload themes and either charge or give free themes away. Themes will be priced at £0.89, and theme creators will recieve £0.50 of every sale of that theme.

FUSIONstore will be implented in the ACP, and will automatically install a theme by URL, making the experience more user friendly.

This is just a general outline, and I will release more information when made available. As you understand this is a big project and could take some time. Any person wanting to help out with FUSIONstore can apply through PM to myself.

Comments? And any other features you would like to see within FUSIONstore?
Pages: 1 2 3 4