MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving forum from Servage to HostGator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Usually blank pages are associated with the php.ini file. And there are a lot of hosts that don't allow users to access that file, so you may need to contact them when you identify the problem.

If I were you, I would just import your existing tables AFTER you've actually installed the forum on your new host. I've done a few manual folder copy+pastes and database imports and I think it's safe to say you're better off doing it the right way.
(2008-12-20, 10:28 PM)btraill Wrote: [ -> ]If I were you, I would just import your existing tables AFTER you've actually installed the forum on your new host.

That's what I'm suggesting. Install, upload all old files apart from ./inc/config.php, drop empty tables and upload the existing ones in the backup.
Looks like that is what I need to do. Sigh. Appreciate the help though, folks.
But, I'm not sure what the problem is... it'll take about 2 minutes.

Is the problem that you can't get the database user to link to the database??
Got ALMOST everything working following the consensus here. I can get into the ACP but when I click on a specific plugin, I get this error (I am thinking file permissions is the problem now).

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at thepizzacrafters.com Port 80
There's a sticky thread on that.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42160.html
This is killing me. I deleted the tables from the database and imported as it would not let me just empty them. So although in the last post I said I could access the ACP, I just tried to access the Forum page and it is blank again.

MattR, I will read that page and contact my hosting company.
So you dropped all the tables, imported the database, and there was a blank page?? Make sure your templates aren't empty and the files are all there.
(2008-12-20, 11:53 PM)LoneStarMBA Wrote: [ -> ]Got ALMOST everything working following the consensus here. I can get into the ACP but when I click on a specific plugin, I get this error (I am thinking file permissions is the problem now).

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at thepizzacrafters.com Port 80

If you are on Hostgator then any file/folder permissions that you have set to 777 need to be changed to 755 instead.
Yup. That is what I did. And the templates are still there.
(2008-12-21, 04:35 AM)Keith W Wrote: [ -> ]If you are on Hostgator then any file/folder permissions that you have set to 777 need to be changed to 755 instead.
Yup 755.
Okay, the problem with ACP links was the mod_security issue in the thread referenced by MattR. Hostgator very quickly turned it off for me. Nice response after a year of hell with Servage. Now I need to resolve the blank forum page.
Aha! Ran the upgrade script again and the front page is no longer blank. Looks like I am good to go. Thanks, all!
Pages: 1 2 3 4