MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subscription included in mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2009-01-01, 01:20 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]never mind. Not even worth it.

I managed to read that post, and I must say I didn't really get it... you mentioned copying phpBB and I can't find any reference to them in this thread so I'm not quite sure what you were onto there.

Also, you quoted some posts and said our comments were stupid, but remember they're just opinions Wink Some people (i.e. the posts you quoted), said it'd be best as a plugin, what's wrong with that...??

What's not even worth it?
(2009-01-01, 03:16 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

Debating you guys on it. I know nothing is gonna change so why bother.

Now for another comment to plugin authors etc.
All i will say is that those already making money off the software ( Plugins ) need not say a damn thing. For them to suggest we want a free ride when it is THEM getting it is the funniest thing i have yet to ever see posted on a forum. Gives a WHOLE new meaning to "hypocritical". I'll leave it at that.
(2009-01-04, 07:27 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]

All i will say is that those already making money off the software ( Plugins ) need not say a damn thing. For them to suggest we want a free ride when it is THEM getting it is the funniest thing i have yet to ever see posted on a forum. Gives a WHOLE new meaning to "hypocritical". I'll leave it at that.
I don't know many people that make money off of their plugins. Most take donations, but donations is money people WANT to give - so it's not like their saying "GIVE ME MONEY FOR THIS PLUGIN!" I know of one person who charges money for a subscription fee, but after that one-time fee you get all the plugins for free, which is worth it.
(2009-01-04, 07:29 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know many people that make money off of their plugins. Most take donations, but donations is money people WANT to give - so it's not like their saying "GIVE ME MONEY FOR THIS PLUGIN!" I know of one person who charges money for a subscription fee, but after that one-time fee you get all the plugins for free, which is worth it.

Point is he shouldnt have made the comments he did in this thread as seing how he is making money off the software for NOTHING himself and thus just as guilty as those who he charged after. And if he wants to go the route of what he donates to here then i'll add back by saying if such a feature is made available I'll donate money i make off of it at my site to mybb.
(2009-01-04, 07:34 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]

Point is he shouldnt have made the comments he did in this thread as seing how he is making money off the software for NOTHING himself and thus just as guilty as those who he charged after. And if he wants to go the route of what he donates to here then i'll add back by saying if such a feature is made available I'll donate money i make off of it at my site to mybb.
Who is he?
(2009-01-04, 07:36 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

Who is he?

Read back 10 or so posts. Page 3 Smile
(2009-01-04, 07:38 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]

Who is he?

labrocca? He has a good point. What's wrong with him charging a few bucks, when he offers a plugin which will(in terms) help you make possibly double that.
(2009-01-04, 07:42 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-04, 07:38 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]

Who is he?

labrocca? He has a good point. What's wrong with him charging a few bucks, when he offers a plugin which will(in terms) help you make possibly double that.

I dont care about that/him making money BUT he should not be in this thread ( or any for that matter ) saying what he did about people basically wanting to do what he ALREADY does which is make a buck off the software for NOTHING.
(2009-01-04, 07:52 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]I dont care about that/him making money BUT he should not be in this thread ( or any for that matter ) saying what he did about people basically wanting to do what he ALREADY does which is make a buck off the software for NOTHING.

I don't see where labrocca is getting a "free ride" when all he is doing is making a living? And even so, he donates a darn good portion of the money he brings in to MyBB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6