MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User can't log in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've just moved from a PHPBB 3.01 installation to MyBB 1.4.4 and though the crossover went smoothly (except for avatars and custom profile fields not being copied), my users are now telling me they are having difficulty logging in:

Quote:The first few times I tried to log in it would say I did it successfully
but then just sent me right back to the log in page. I got in once this
morning, but when I return to the page I can't log in again. I have the
right user name and password (it says it is logging me in successfully)
but I keep ending up back at the log in page...

Any ideas what could be causing it? Or how I can go about debugging it myself?

I cant provide a testing account on my forum as it's a private forum.
(2008-12-24, 11:38 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]I made a sticky on this.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html

Yea I saw that, however my cookies appear to be set up correctly (by the MyBB installer) - .www.wobforum.org is the domain, / is the path.

Plus surely if this was a cookie problem then the results would be more consistent?
Actually your cookie domain is .wobforum.org

If you can log in and out ok, ask them to check their browser is set to allow cookies, and that they clear their cookies.
(2008-12-24, 11:50 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Actually your cookie domain is .wobforum.org

If you can log in and out ok, ask them to check their browser is set to allow cookies, and that they clear their cookies.
I've done this. One user is still having problems:

Quote:I cleared all cookies but http://www.wobforum.org/member.php still shows up as a blank page.

I clarified that the user is going to the index page, but being redirected to member.php when they attempt to log in
Is it just member.php, i.e. is it a blank page with the URL being just /member.php, or is there something on the page...??

If it's just one user, chances are it's something wrong with their own configuration.
(2008-12-24, 10:37 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just member.php, i.e. is it a blank page with the URL being just /member.php, or is there something on the page...??
The page is completely blank.

(2008-12-24, 10:37 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]If it's just one user, chances are it's something wrong with their own configuration.
I have now had a second report from a different user, same symptoms:

a user Wrote:I put in my name and password, but then i get a blank screen. If I try again, after so many attempts I'm told I have to wait 25 minutes before I can re-enter my info. It worked for like a day after the shift over to the new format, but in the last day or so this has started occuring...
So when they're on this blank page, the URL they're on is just /member.php, yes??

Have you made any modifications/installed any plugins??

Also, can you give a test account?? I know you said you didn't want to before but it'll be easier to spot problems if we can see it first hand... you can PM it to me if you want it to be private.
(2008-12-25, 04:15 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]So when they're on this blank page, the URL they're on is just /member.php, yes??

(2008-12-25, 04:15 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made any modifications/installed any plugins??
Yes, the skype one.

(2008-12-25, 04:15 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Also, can you give a test account?? I know you said you didn't want to before but it'll be easier to spot problems if we can see it first hand... you can PM it to me if you want it to be private.
Well I would, but I've jsut fallen fowl of the problem my users have been describing, I get dumped on member.php which is blanked when I try to log in. When I try to navigate the admincp each time a I click a link I have to re-enter my name and password before I can proceed.
Can you access the admin panel?
Pages: 1 2 3