MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What server you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What server are you using to have MyBB or others ..
Example : '' I use Xampp '' or maybe foxserv who knows xD

But i really use Xampp
I use LAMP with the suhoshin patch installed. Toungue
Although when I get my own server someday, its going to be freebsd with maybe, XAMPP installed.
I use XAMPP. I used to use WampServer, but I switch to XAMPP after I had problems with WampServer.
I don't know what my host uses.

All I know is that it is a linux server.

I heard that there is a mac server. Does anyone know a site that is hosted with one?
(2009-01-16, 12:28 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what my host uses.

All I know is that it is a linux server.

I heard that there is a mac server. Does anyone know a site that is hosted with one?
I have no clue. I've never heard of any sites using mac's for a server.:p
Yes, theirs plenty. Here's one: http://www.machighway.com/

I personally wouldn't use it even if it was my last resort.
I'd have to see a preview of their CP, first.:p lol
Look at this text on their site:

Quote:That's why MacHighway has partnered with Renewable Choice Energy to provide our servers, network centers, and offices with electricity generated by wind power. No, this doesn't mean if the wind stops blowing your site goes down, but rather we purchased credits from wind energy producers to ensure that there is enough wind Wind Energypower added to the power grid to replace what we use to power our entire business.
That is kinda cool.
They should really collect solar power for server areas though.
(2009-01-16, 12:43 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]That is kinda cool.
They should really collect solar power for server areas though.

The property taxes would be HUGE considering how many miles of solar panels you'd need to power a datacenter.

As for this thread... it's worthless considering the OP appears to have very little knowledge about web servers considering he only listed 2 options in his poll (and not even the 2 most popular). Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3