MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remake a few things...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, I just thought that there are a few (only two) things I can name that could be changed.

-The search engine. Don't get me wrong, it looks really nice! But its probably part of why people say that MyBB looks like VB. And wouldn't a more original design benefit MyBB better?

-Profiles- I know you can use the template system to edit them, but I mean the official build for profiles. Why not change them to make the profiles look more exciting?
(2009-01-16, 04:58 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I just thought that there are a few (only two) things I can name that could be changed.

-The search engine. Don't get me wrong, it looks really nice! But its probably part of why people say that MyBB looks like VB. And wouldn't a more original design benefit MyBB better?

-Profiles- I know you can use the template system to edit them, but I mean the official build for profiles. Why not change them to make the profiles look more exciting?
I think most of this has been discussed. Not sure, though.
(2009-01-16, 04:58 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]-The search engine. Don't get me wrong, it looks really nice! But its probably part of why people say that MyBB looks like VB. And wouldn't a more original design benefit MyBB better?

It could just be it's the best and simplest layout for a search. I think all the searches an all forum scripts are very similar.

Quote:-Profiles- I know you can use the template system to edit them, but I mean the official build for profiles. Why not change them to make the profiles look more exciting?

Talked about before a few times. While I understand I don't see the point. I mean it's a forum not a social place like MySpace. I only look at profiles for MSN and stuff honestly.
I don't think the profiles should be decked out to Myspace levels of ridiculousness, but there is definitely some room there for improvement.
I think the thing I would like to be seen done to the profiles is a seperate Custom Profile Field Area. As of 1.4.4 they get stored in Aditional Info.
(2009-01-19, 05:10 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]I think the thing I would like to be seen done to the profiles is a seperate Custom Profile Field Area. As of 1.4.4 they get stored in Aditional Info.

There have been no changes between 1.4.3 or 1.4.2 and 1.4.4 in terms of profile fields.
If you let users style their profiles, you have another thing to moderate...
CSS-only Profile Skinning would be cool, but what if someone links to malicious images? You have to approve them one by one. More tasks.
I don't think the profiles should be user-skinnable.
Maybe an unofficial plugin could be made for that?

I meant a simple HTML template remake of the profile, they haven't really changed since the 1.2 series, and that was a series ago.
Pages: 1 2 3