MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unregistered administrator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey there

I keep having a strange problem: when using the editor to edit an own posting I am losing my administrator title on that post and I got the title "unregistered". This happens all over our forum and that's not good, because unregistered people are not allowed to write on certain areas of our board. Any advice, please?

Great work you are doing here !

Regards
Ruby
ya, ive had the same problem, so idk if it's a bug or not
Do you have a post example?
i would try and post an example but, it wont let me quick edit..
The postings I mean are in the areas which are closed to the public. It happened to me every time when I tried to edit an own posting. I will try to get an example in the public area. Coming back soon. Thank you @ Labrocca

Now I have got it ... please click here. I did a post, perhaps you need it to see that I am well an administrator on my forum, also using an other nickname. I answered to my first post, used the editor and now it likes that this administrator has got unregistered. Thanks for your advice in advance.

edit: the last picture, I deleted all these "unregistered" postings ...

[Image: unregistered.jpg]
What modifications and plugins have you installed? Are you using quick edit or full edit when this happens?
I don't have these functions installed by now, I don't have the possibility to use quick edit or full edit, I can only use the editor, what I did. I installed a great lot of plugins because I am new to MYBB and I thought that I would need them. But when I installed them to the forum I deactivated most of them because I don't need them. So If you really want to know which plugins I installed, it will last some hours to write them down.
Does this happen to normal users?
I don't know by now, because we are starting. Until now, nobody but me edited his postings.
Link to your forum and a test account?
Pages: 1 2 3